The Student Room Group

(A LEVELS) How much are you planning to study in the Christmas holidays?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
What?! Seriously?! Don't work!! Don't do it, it's Christmas!! We have ageeeesss!! (I bet I get a million neg reps for that!)
One hundred hours minimum....
Reply 22
7 hours a day.
Got 6 exams in January:

Maths C1 and C2 retakes which I have done alot of revision for already, will do a few more past papers after christmas.
History (German) Retake - havent done much revision for it so far, so a fair bit will be needed
Mechanics - 0 revision so far :/ Gonna need to ALOT. Will start next week.
Geography Retake - 50/50 on whether to revise for this or not as I got an A on the original exam, I only retook it so my Geography teacher would predict me an A on UCAS.
Geography A2 Exam - Done quite a bit of revision, but its not until 1st Feb so plenty of time fore this one.

Actually, having written all that out, I'm feeling a bit more confident. :smile:
How much am I planning? A lot more than I'll do.
And for maths - i like to do a past paper in the morning, say mechanics one day, then C3 the next, then mechanics again, etc. It really works! :smile:
I've nearly finished about half of the revision for the exams, so I will study but not that intensively. This is primarily a break.
Starting from monday, i'm doing some intense revision
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare Revision.
Original post by qasidb
I'm planning on doing some intensive studying from Monday onwards - including studying through Christmas day (well I'm Muslim so I don't celebrate it anyway.)
But anyways, what are you guys planning to do and how are you planning to do it? (Eg putting your social life on hold?)

(Btw, this only refers to those of you who have A level exams in January).

Muslims believe in jesus so I find it strange that you don't celebrate it.
Original post by DivinityofReason
Muslims believe in jesus so I find it strange that you don't celebrate it.

Christmas isn't a Christian holiday anyway, it's pagan.

Oh, and OP's economics teacher is awesome.
Starting from monday, i'm doing some intense revision
Quite a bit for me, especially for Biology. Going through past papers and revision notes a few times and also starting on C1 papers properly so that's 3 exams revised for as well as a 3 chapters of M1.
Reply 32
Probably about 3 hrs a week :s-smilie:
Reply 33
a reasonable amount of my hols
I wonder how many of those who plan to do loads will actually do loads :tongue:

As for me... I plan to do LOADSSSS!!
Reply 35
Aiming for 4 hours a day. Usually when I aim for four I get at least 2 xD
Not NEARLY as much as I should :smile:
Reply 37
Original post by MorningElegance
How much am I planning? A lot more than I'll do.
And for maths - i like to do a past paper in the morning, say mechanics one day, then C3 the next, then mechanics again, etc. It really works! :smile:

Im planning to study in the exact same pattern lol
**** loads.........

Gotta do

C3
FP1
D2
S1

C3 is super important. Going to try and nail 100%
Reply 39
Four hours a day minimum. I'm not going to say anything ridiculous like 7+ because I know I wouldn't do it.

Original post by 01010000 01001010
Christmas isn't a Christian holiday anyway, it's pagan.

Yes it is.

Quick Reply

Latest