Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is there a worse tasting alcohol than Smirnoff Russian standard Watch

ReputationRep:
    I mean is there ANY drink with alcohol in it that tastes worse than that? I don't mean the normal ones with the red seals, I'm talking about this specific Smirnoff with the blue label (It's got some russian writing on the front, says 1886 or something) if you've had it, you'll know what I mean

Let's say after some past experiences, I literally feel physically sick from just smelling it now.... anyway this can extend to all smirnoffs, apple, blue, whatever :coma: likelihood of vomming, high

Well, Malibu tastes pretty bad too buut I think smirnoff takes it

What do y'all think?

ReputationRep:
    Glenn's Vodka

I used to drink it when i was at school and too skint to afford anything else.

The smell of it is enough nowadays to give me the shudders.

If you mean Smirnoff Blue Label, then that's due to it being 50% ABV, as opposed to the usual 38.5%-40% for vodka.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BellaBoo)
    Glenn's Vodka

This. It was like drinking methylated spirits. Also, Imperial Vodka.

ReputationRep:
    Sambuca is absolutely vile. I can't stand aniseed.

ReputationRep:
    Acquired taste methinks

ReputationRep:
    Sambuca. :sick:

ReputationRep:
    Aniseed alcohol, palm wine, Abosolut Vodka, Wodka and liquorice alcohol are all worse than Smirnoff IMO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BellaBoo)
    Glenn's Vodka

Yep, same.

Good memories looking back tbh, but at the time, damn 8 quid was too cheap when you got no money.

The smell was pretty bad.

edit: Someones just mentioned it above, Imperial Vodka wins this. Worser taste and smell to Glens.

ReputationRep:
    Smirnoff Red isn't too bad, but I have to say I prefer Stolichnaya or Zubrowka bison grass vodka.

Bell's whisky is AWFUL possibly the worst I've ever tasted! Why can't supermarkets stock some more DECENT whiskeys?

ReputationRep:
    Spirytus Lubelski tastes the best. 95% Abv.

Slips down like a dream.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I can't stand vodka anyway unless its mixed with coke.

Whiskey all the way.

ReputationRep:
    Glen's vodka is amazing I love the way that they don't even bother trying to give it a Russian name.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 16, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.