Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

SURVEY about something Browne hasn't considered Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm new to TSR but I've been actively involved in anti-education cuts and still hope to campaign to ensure a better deal for our future. As a final year geography student, I'm investigating something that Browne hasn't, which I believe affects access to higher education, and choice of university. I've conducted questionnaires of students from Bristol university, and sixth formers on one of the university's widening participation schemes. However, to broaden my results and collect a more representative sample of UK students, I'd greatly appreciate your help with filling in a questionnaire. It should only take a few minutes to tick a few boxes. It would be great to receive responses quickly as my dissertation is due in after the Christmas holiday!

All you have to do is follow the link below:

<a href="http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/V5VD92W">Click here to take survey</a>

I look forward to gathering your views, it is obviously anonymous but if anyone is interested in my findings I'll be happy to share them on here when I've finished my research.

Cheers,
    Amy

ReputationRep:
    What exactly are you trying to find out that you think Browne missed?

ReputationRep:
    Your username makes me think you already know what your conclusions going to be irrespective of the poll results. What's the point?

ReputationRep:
    hmmm how impartial of you...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    From your poll I cannot really see what you think you have found that Browne has missed

Ah that survey will clearly throw shame on the Browne Review. Much more detailed and well thought-out.

ReputationRep:
      If one of the responses is from someone claiming to be at the "University of Port Stanley, East Falkland" it definitely wasn't me. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
      Hi,

Thank-you to everyone who has completed this survey.

I appologise for my misleading name and thread title. My name relates to my personal views that educational disadvantage needs to be addressed and that education cuts will make this difficult.

However, I am not involving my personal views in my dissertation. It is a geography dissertation, not a political one. It has become more interesting in light of the CSR but I started this research before the coalition gov even got voted in. I would like to collect some quantitative evidence to support my investigation of whether regional variations in living costs in the UK affect choice of university. I am not attempting to change educational policy or start a political debate, I am an undergraduate, trying to collect data for my dissertation which concerns a topic I chose because it has appealed to me for a long time, and existed well before the Browne Review.

If my research aim is still unclear, I don't want to give too much away before people answer the questionnaire due to the risk of influencing responses.

I hope that anyone reading this thread will continue to respond, I greatly appreciate it.

Thanks again,
      Amy

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.