The Student Room Group

Cambridge 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

The place to discuss results, panic, celebration, track and general Cambridge excitement. The Official Results Day thread is located here, please post your results and offer status in there :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
it's cos some colleges (like the one I applied to) gives out replies in January, so it might be unlikely for people to get replies right now. But anyways, congratulations! Though that looks like a mammoth of an offer

Edit: Whoa, where did the person before me go? I mean, seriously, I'm getting the reply probably tomorrow and this does nothing but make me look arrogant and stupid :s-smilie:
(edited 13 years ago)
wow early reply... i just had my interview a day ago haha

Neg rep?! give me a break, i got rejected, there now are you happy?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3
Thanks! I know I think mine is really early as they want to test my ability to get such a tough offer! I am worried that I can be able to pay my fees :frown:
I suspect I'll be waiting until January. (NatSci, Trinity Hall :biggrin:)
Reply 5
OMG, this thread has really scared me :eek: Good luck
Reply 6
This is the second Downing offer I've heard of :afraid:
Reply 7
Original post by Schnecke
This is the second Downing offer I've heard of :afraid:

Hey who have you been hearing abt??? Did you also apply to Downing? :smile: I hope we will meet next year :smile: Good luck!!!
Reply 8
Original post by why_white_y
Hey who have you been hearing abt??? Did you also apply to Downing? :smile: I hope we will meet next year :smile: Good luck!!!

Some one on the other thread knew someone who had one.. so a loose connection but yeah.

I applied there for Maths, was expecting to wait til the 5th, so news that people are getting offers is petrifying.
Reply 9
Original post by Schnecke
Some one on the other thread knew someone who had one.. so a loose connection but yeah.

I applied there for Maths, was expecting to wait til the 5th, so news that people are getting offers is petrifying.

Oh I also have read that. I think Downing is going to give out things as soon as they can this year. I think letters could come anytime now by Downing :frown: So be prepared and you will get one :smile:
I was trying to find a thread for Cambridge offer holders 2011 but I could not.

Subject : Medical Sciences
College : Downing college
Offer : A*A*AA and being able to pay my tuition fees
I got my letter today!

Good luck!

Original post by Seham
Subject : Graduate entry Medicine
College : Lucy Cavendish
Offer : Unconditional academically (Hep B status and CRB check)
I got my offer last Thursday :biggrin:

Well Done!!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Original post by Seham
Subject : Graduate entry Medicine
College : Lucy Cavendish
Offer : Unconditional academically (Hep B status and CRB check)
I got my offer last Thursday :biggrin:

HI!!!! CONGRATS!!! If you do not mind, which university have you been studying at? What did you get for your BMAT? My BMAT wasnt that good and I have been told that BMAT wasnt everything :P
Original post by simply_love_you
Thanks for creating the thread! I actually got my offer letter yesterday but I did not know if I should post the good new on TSR or not! There are people who had good news now!!
College : Sydney
Biological Natural Sciences
Offer : A*A*ABB
IELTS : 7.0

Hey!!! CONGRATS!!! You are very welcome!
Original post by cpdavis
Well Done!!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

HI!!!! CONGRATS!!! If you do not mind, which university have you been studying at? What did you get for your BMAT? My BMAT wasnt that good and I have been told that BMAT wasnt everything :P

I didn't sit the BMAT as I met the premedical requirements and so did not have to sit it. I have a 1st Class degree in Chemistry from Imperial. :biggrin:
Original post by Seham

I didn't sit the BMAT as I met the premedical requirements and so did not have to sit it. I have a 1st Class degree in Chemistry from Imperial. :biggrin:

Oh I did not know that :smile:

I still have to meet my offer now! I already got an A* for Maths so I will need another A* ( plus 2 other A )

I have focused on my A2 recently :frown:
Reply 15
Original post by simply_love_you
Thanks for creating the thread! I actually got my offer letter yesterday but I did not know if I should post the good new on TSR or not! There are people who had good news now!!
College : Sydney
Biological Natural Sciences
Offer : A*A*ABB
IELTS : 7.0

.... 5 A level's!?!
Original post by tehforum
.... 5 A level's!?!

Yes :frown: Maths, Chemistry, Biology, Art and Musics
Original post by qua
Congrats, everyone! Feeling a bit jealous now... :redface: and scared.

You will get one soon :smile:
Since when did Cambridge ever make offers before January?
Oh I did not know that :smile:

I still have to meet my offer now! I already got an A* for Maths so I will need another A* ( plus 2 other A )

I have focused on my A2 recently :frown:

O good luck! That is quite a high offer!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending