The Student Room Group

Cambridge 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Amahia11
Thanks a lot :smile:
I think youre probably right, although my interviewer did mention my age at interview and asked if I would be up for a gap year :rolleyes:

I wonder if you can use your school record (in my case EB) for applying after a uni degree? Yeah I didn't mean to boast, its just that I was slightly amazed and quite euphoric for a while.

Thanks a lot for the luck, good luck to you too!

Always the possiblity s/he was hinting at giving you a deferred offer if you were up to standard. I think there's a question on the SAQ asking if you'd be willing accept one and I do know that, occasionally, a tutor wants someone but has filled up that year so asks if someone would like deferred instead.
Reply 2041
hey fellow IBers, any of your ucas updated yet?
Original post by Andre09
hey fellow IBers, any of your ucas updated yet?

Nope. I must have re-read my offer conditions & rechecked my ib results a hundred times...

Came in like a few hours after I posted it!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by jsadapa1
FINALYYYYYYYYY DONE WITH EXAMS.... FEELSSS GUDDDDD!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
well now just hope ill be there in october :rolleyes:
feels like im dreaming :colondollar:

Helloooo!! Only just noticed you applied to St Catz!
And my insurance is Manchester too - weird :rolleyes:
Sorry if this has been asked a lot of times... Can anyone tell me where/when I can apply for bursaries? :smile:

Why did I get negged for this, jeez just a question :frown: I have searched the internet myself, but October just seemed a long way away so I needed to check I hadn't missed something :s-smilie::s-smilie: If I'm being negged for needing a bursary then that is just ridiculous...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2045
Original post by Smelly Ellie
Sorry if this has been asked a lot of times... Can anyone tell me where/when I can apply for bursaries? :smile:

UK student: http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/univ/cambridgebursary/uk/timetable.html
EU student: too late for 2011/2012

hope this helps :wink:
Original post by Bumbl
UK student: http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/univ/cambridgebursary/uk/timetable.html
EU student: too late for 2011/2012

hope this helps :wink:

Thanks yeah it does :smile: October seems a bit late but ok :rolleyes:
Original post by FlobberDobber

Good luck! catz has the most amazing law supervisor, who im lucky enough to have aswell :smile:
Original post by FaithChild
This is really helpful, thanks! Gets me all excited about reading Law next year :biggrin:
I will hopefully be going to Robinson in October.
Are you studying at Pembroke college?
I read 'letters to a law student' by McBride before my interview. I think it was quite good because I've not done law at A level so it kind of gave me a sense of what law would be like at uni.

Heya, good luck! im at robinson doing law atm, will be going into my second year in october! feel free to message me if you have any questions :smile:
Anyone from John's, join the Facebook Freshers' group!

Hi!

Think I've seen you on there...either that or there's another vet called Ellie :tongue:
Reply 2050
Original post by UCAS.LOVER
Just snooping back through the whole thread out of boredom - I was really nervous too because the guy in the year above at my Sixth form who already reads Geog at Cambridge had sent me stuff to look at during the interview process and it was completely amazing and far above what I can achieve - but it turns out he's a boffin even at Cambridge, phew! He came first in the year and everything - so be careful who you compare yourself too! :P

thanks :smile: yeah I think that's the case. The girl from my college got a low offer too (think it was bbc she already had 2A's) which suggests she's far from the normal applicant. Looking at the other offer holders from my 6th form I can see that we are all a similar standard which makes me feel better :smile:
Original post by SoapyDish

Think I've seen you on there...either that or there's another vet called Ellie :tongue:

Yeah :smile: That would be me! :biggrin:
Reply 2052

Why did I get negged for this, jeez just a question :frown: I have searched the internet myself, but October just seemed a long way away so I needed to check I hadn't missed something :s-smilie::s-smilie: If I'm being negged for needing a bursary then that is just ridiculous...

I got negged too - don't take it too serious... :wink:

It seems a bit dead at the moment - but that might change once A-level results are out (they are not released yet, are they?).
Reply 2053
Original post by Bumbl

It seems a bit dead at the moment - but that might change once A-level results are out (they are not released yet, are they?).

No, only 18th of August.
Blah.

Original post by FlobberDobber

Manchester is my insurance as well :biggrin:
Except I'm at christ's... but still! :biggrin:

Any NatSci's still about? :smile:
Reply 2054
GAHHHHHHH one moment i feel like jumping thinking im going to cambridge!!!... the next im scared i wont make it due to my a-level results... ARGHHH... 18th August, COME SOOOOON!!! :'(
If it's any consolation, very very few people miss their offers! Apparently no-one in the last 5 years has missed their offer for NatSci at my college - not sure about other subjects/colleges, but they don't offer you a place if they don't think you can meet the offer criteria!
Reply 2056
Thanks yeah it does :smile: October seems a bit late but ok :rolleyes:

Don't worry, the way the college bill system works (i.e. the fact that apart from a possible accommodation deposit you won't need to pay for any of your food and accommodation until your first bill is due at the beginning of January 2012) means it won't be a problem that you only start applying for the bursary in October. My college even let me not pay my bills until April because the bursary hadn't come through.

PM or quote if you've any more questions about finance :smile:
Reply 2057
Original post by Melz0r
Don't worry, the way the college bill system works (i.e. the fact that apart from a possible accommodation deposit you won't need to pay for any of your food and accommodation until your first bill is due at the beginning of January 2012) means it won't be a problem that you only start applying for the bursary in October. My college even let me not pay my bills until April because the bursary hadn't come through.

PM or quote if you've any more questions about finance :smile:

Hey there, what about the tuition fee, when do you pay them? and is there any difference for international?

many thanks
Reply 2058
If it's any consolation, very very few people miss their offers! Apparently no-one in the last 5 years has missed their offer for NatSci at my college - not sure about other subjects/colleges, but they don't offer you a place if they don't think you can meet the offer criteria!

In maths I 'think' its something like one in two don't make their offer due to STEP! I know I'm freaking out over it :tongue:
Reply 2059
Original post by Andre09
Hey there, what about the tuition fee, when do you pay them? and is there any difference for international?

many thanks

I've no idea how it works for internationals, I'm afraid; for home students the tuition fees are paid directly by the Student Loan Company so I've no idea when it actually happens. Your college should send you information about this, though; try emailing them if it's important that you know.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending