The Student Room Group

Cambridge 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tortious
A "thank you" used to be a cupcake from Fitzbillies. I wonder if it's reopened yet... :moon:

I guess we go for the sweet treats closest to our college!
Original post by SoapyDish
I guess we go for the sweet treats closest to our college!

I've never been to Mr Simms. I finished my honey nut cornflakes at the end of term and ate the bits in the bottom of the bag, which gave rise to cravings for peanut brittle. :sogood: I meant to stock up before I left Cambridge but I didn't. :sad:
The trouble is, if I ever set foot in Mr Simms again, I will never ever leave...
Original post by UnderControl
Hi - do you know if the reduction is standard for all colleges (specifically Downing). Would make quite a difference!

Definitely not my sister has just finished her first year at Downing and no reduction at all :frown: Lovely ensuite though!
Any Pembroke laywers? :wavey:
Cambridge fudge :sogood:
Reply 2206
The fudge really is amazing...
Original post by kpatb
Depending on how results go on next Thursday, either A) ECSTATIC :biggrin:; OR
B) Slightly Suicidal with the only consoling factor being that if I do end up going to Manchester, at least I'll be saving a few thousand pounds a year...

(PLEASE LET IT NOT BE OPTION B, GOD! PLEAAAASE.)

I am in the same position as you, Cambridge 1st, Manchester 2nd. If it all goes wrong I don't know if I will want to go to Manchester though.
Mind is just set on Cambridge and going somewhere else would completely mess with my head, knowing I had the chance to go and messed it up.
Reply 2208
Original post by emma1701
Does anyone know what time admissions offices open at? I get my results at 7am, but I'm guessing nobody's going to be in an office at that time, so would I have to wait until a slightly more respectable time before I lose any dignity I have left and start begging...

My school will only open at 10 am for the results. How can you get that so early? Or your school is so much better.
Johnian offer holders - some advice about rooms:

Spoiler

Reply 2210
Original post by Amy Luo
My school will only open at 10 am for the results. How can you get that so early? Or your school is so much better.

Our school opens at 9am but the exam board publishes them online at 7am... can't say I'm looking forward to it though...:s-smilie:
Reply 2211
Our school opens at 9am but the exam board publishes them online at 7am... can't say I'm looking forward to it though...:s-smilie:

How can u get the results directly from the exam board?
I'm scared too.
Original post by Amy Luo
I'm scared too.

Your school should have given you a pin code to use so you can log into the exam board's website service. Ours only gave us the code for 2 of my exams so I can't get into the other exam board :L
Reply 2213
Original post by Amy Luo
I'm scared too.

They just publish them online, our school gave us the website address and a pin number before we left so we just log on and find out, which is definetly better than having to go to school and have a mental breakdown in front of a hundred + people, :smile: although its just the grades, so I won't find out the UMS marks until I go to school
Reply 2214
They just publish them online, our school gave us the website address and a pin number before we left so we just log on and find out, which is definetly better than having to go to school and have a mental breakdown in front of a hundred + people, :smile: although its just the grades, so I won't find out the UMS marks until I go to school

Oh no. I don't have that!! What should I do now? I don't want to be 2hrs later than most of the ppl.
Original post by Amy Luo
Oh no. I don't have that!! What should I do now? I don't want to be 2hrs later than most of the ppl.

Maybe you could ring your college? Depends if they're open obviously ! They really should have given them out if they had them though :frown:
Reply 2216
Original post by Amy Luo

I have no idea which exams boards put them online and which ones don't. I'm on CCEA, but depending on which board you are they might not even be online. Check your exam boards website because it should say whether or not they put them up... If not you can always check UCAS track, it might be up before 9 :smile:
Original post by Amy Luo

I think only some exam boards eg edexcel do this.

I have to wait :frown:
Reply 2218
Original post by magicalyoghurt
Maybe you could ring your college? Depends if they're open obviously ! They really should have given them out if they had them though :frown:

It really kills me that our college gets our results on Sunday, schools get them on Wednesday.. and we have to wait until Thursday :frown:
I really dislike not being kept in the loop, considering I'm pretty heavily involved in all this...
It really kills me that our college gets our results on Sunday, schools get them on Wednesday.. and we have to wait until Thursday :frown:
I really dislike not being kept in the loop, considering I'm pretty heavily involved in all this...

Tell me about it. Our school didn't prepare us at all for what to do I had to google everything! I heard too that last year they phoned up those that had 3A's the night before results day and told them to come in the next day (photo op...) but didn't say why so people were worrying they had to repeat the year or something!! Typical :L

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending