Cambridge 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
Original post by ArchedEdge
Caius yay congrats!

Thank you!! I really hope I get these STEP grades... Can't wait :biggrin:
Reply 401
Original post by cpdavis
Need to get the STEP grades :eek: I can do it!!!

I think you proved that by getting an offer :biggrin:

So glad I did so much pre-interview now, just did a couple of STEP I questions (start with the easy stuff XD) without too much difficulty. Am gonna try some II tomorrow. We should start a STEP club :awesome:
Original post by Schnecke
I think you proved that by getting an offer :biggrin:

So glad I did so much pre-interview now, just did a couple of STEP I questions (start with the easy stuff XD) without too much difficulty. Am gonna try some II tomorrow. We should start a STEP club :awesome:

That is actually a good idea, I have created a plan for what I will do the next 6 months. Have 12 lessons a week for STEP, and only doing 2 A levels after, I should hopefully be joining you in October! :biggrin:
We should start a STEP club :awesome:

My school is so cool that we already have a STEP club :biggrin: My teacher is determined we won't miss our offers...
Reply 404
Original post by cpdavis
That is actually a good idea, I have created a plan for what I will do the next 6 months. Have 12 lessons a week for STEP, and only doing 2 A levels after, I should hopefully be joining you in October! :biggrin:

Ah you should be fine then, are you getting lessons from your school? June is going to be such a bumper maths month, 5 maths exams and STEP :awesome:. I only have 2 in Jan though so I can start prepping early.

Definitely :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
(positive thinking remember)

Original post by jonnyboy1993
My school is so cool that we already have a STEP club :biggrin: My teacher is determined we won't miss our offers...

Haha your school sounds amazing, mine hasn't been at all helpful so far, but then I'm the only one from my school doing it so it wouldn't be much of a club :tongue:
Ah you should be fine then, are you getting lessons from your school? June is going to be such a bumper maths month, 5 maths exams and STEP :awesome:. I only have 2 in Jan though so I can start prepping early.

Definitely :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
(positive thinking remember)

Well not really. Although my maths teacher knows how to do STEP, I'm the only person doing the exams, so it will be a bit lonely really. Once I get Jan exams out of the way, then STEP is next on my list :awesome:
Original post by CountDuckula

Original post by CountDuckula
Just found out today :biggrin: it's for medicine! That was why I was so convinced of a rejection - everyone else at interviews seemed to think theirs had gone really well and I thought I'd messed up lol
Never thought I'd type this on this thread but... see you soon fellow Selwyn-ian :biggrin:
It'd be cool to see some TSR ppl in real life :tongue:

Wow! Studying Medicine at Cambridge is top. Well done, I'm impressed! :P
Saaaaame here! I panicked during my first interview and thought it would undermine my whole application. Was just about ready to face a rejection, as painful as it seemed.
But I originally applied to Clare, got pooled, fished out straightaway by Selwyn, and then made an offer straightaway, without further interviewing! I actually got the Selwyn offer email before I even got the Clare letter saying I'd been pooled haha.
This is soooo exciting! :biggrin: Was yours conditional or unconditional?

Haha your school sounds amazing, mine hasn't been at all helpful so far, but then I'm the only one from my school doing it so it wouldn't be much of a club :tongue:

My maths teachers are so keen on us going to Cambridge. We had a further maths club to prepare for interviews. Now two of us have maths offers (and a third guy has yet to hear of his fate). But today we were told to do the first 20 questions of the Siklos booklet for next week, to think I was planning on getting revision done during what little study leave we've got :tongue: (though I may cheat seeing as I've done quite a few of them before...)
Reply 408
Original post by cpdavis
Need to get the STEP grades :eek: I can do it!!!

Aaaah! STEP! They look pretty horrendous at the moment... Hopefully once I've had a decent amount (BAZILLIONS) of practice they won't frighten me so much!
Reply 409
Conditional for Engineering at Gonville and Caius! So excited A*AA in Maths, Further Maths and Phsyics!

Anybody else have an engineering place at G&C?
Original post by matenhieu

I feel like we should create some sort of database of what offer holders got at GCSE and AS to try and reduce the number of 'do I have a chance of getting in?' threads. I see so many people who think you need 10 A*s or something, I only got 4.

Mega congrats on your offer :smile:

Oh the subject of grades: I got an offer for law, with GCSE grades A*A*AABBBBC, attained at a private school (moved to state for A levels), with no mitigating circumstances. I'm also pre A2.
Just FYI :pierre:
Definitely too much hype over GCSE grades.

edit: who negged this? Do you disagree that GCSE grades are over hyped, or are you just a prick?
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Jessie9224
Robinson for English. Is anyone else around from Robinson? :smile:

Yep, me. There's a thread for us here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=334448&page=17
Original post by rob...
Caius!!! :biggrin:. Here's hoping :smile:

Caius!! :biggrin:
We might be in some of eachother's lectures (: As the first year of my course is 50% maths :biggrin:

How are you finding STEP?
Reply 413
Original post by TimmonaPortella
Mega congrats on your offer :smile:

Oh the subject of grades: I got an offer for law, with GCSE grades A*A*AABBBBC, attained at a private school (moved to state for A levels), with no mitigating circumstances. I'm also pre A2.
Just FYI :pierre:
Definitely too much hype over GCSE grades.

If I showed you guys my GCSEs you'd all be like :O

But I'm not going to and there were mitigating circumstances.
Original post by Lyam

Oh you can't say that and not show us :beard:
Original post by Lyam

:woo: :biggrin: :woo:

I've only managed to check FB and TSR now and I'm so so happy for you!! AND it's an AAA offer!!! *squeals*

Cambridge Parkour Soc... :cool:

I really want to know your GCSEs now.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 416
Original post by Doughnuts!!
:woo: :biggrin: :woo:

I've only managed to check FB and TSR now and I'm solo happy for you!! AND it's an AAA offer!!! *squeals*

Cambridge Parkour Soc... :cool:

I really want to know your GCSEs now.

FB messaged. :wink:
Reply 417
Original post by Stempede
Kings college, History.

A*AA

YEEEEEEEEEAH! :smile:

And now the main question? Is there any Slavs except me who applied for History and got accepted.

Congratulations everybody who has got accepted! :smile:

I might be at king's with you!
Got offered A*AA for Arch and Anth
Reply 418
Original post by Lyam

I'm sooo glad that they overlook GCSE performance when it comes to mature students. Mine were ABBBCCCCCD and I have absolutely no excuse, save for my lack of direction and motivation to study at the time!

Clearly they decided that was well behind me and that my current performance indicates that I am capable of achieving a high degree classification!
Reply 419
Maths, Pembroke, A*AA 1,1 :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending