The Student Room Group

Cambridge 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jing_jing
Horrible isn't it :tongue:

Hmmm... I wonder if there's any extra credit activities I can do to lower the offer...

so how is your STEP revision going?
Original post by Hermione17
so how is your STEP revision going?

I think non existent is the word I'm, going for here. :tongue:
Original post by Jing_jing
I think non existent is the word I'm, going for here. :tongue:

why?

anyway, I am taking STEP II if you want to join my revision for STEP
(edited 13 years ago)
why?

anyway, I am taking STEP II if you want to join my revision for STEP

I haven't heard from LSE yet and I'd really like to go there too :smile:

:biggrin: I shall take you up on that when I've re-emerged from my pile of geography essays!
If there are skype chats for offer holders I might be interested seeing as everyone is getting bored of me talking about Cambridge and them not caring at all :P
Original post by nibbler12
If there are skype chats for offer holders I might be interested seeing as everyone is getting bored of me talking about Cambridge and them not caring at all :P

pm me your email and I'll add you
Reply 1226
me too!!! :biggrin:

btw, congrats on your Jan results!

Thank you :smile:
Reply 1227
Original post by Bubbles2010
Hello :biggrin:
I've got an offer to do medicine too (at murray ewards)!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

That's awesome! :smile: !! It still hasn't sunk in completely but I can't wait! :biggrin: I am the only person out of my group of friends heading to cambridge so that's the only downside! How soon will our colleges contact us about accommodation??
Original post by Kandrewz
That's awesome! :smile: !! It still hasn't sunk in completely but I can't wait! :biggrin: I am the only person out of my group of friends heading to cambridge so that's the only downside! How soon will our colleges contact us about accommodation??

Will be a while. My college got a bit irritated with me and some others I think contacting them about accomodation. I asked because of some medical requirements I have, but I got no response and the Offer Holder's Page on the website was changed to some message about how "even those with unconditions [cough me] cannot enquire on accomodation until around September". So for the majority of colleges no time soon.
Reply 1229
Original post by comrade_jon
Will be a while. My college got a bit irritated with me and some others I think contacting them about accomodation. I asked because of some medical requirements I have, but I got no response and the Offer Holder's Page on the website was changed to some message about how "even those with unconditions [cough me] cannot enquire on accomodation until around September". So for the majority of colleges no time soon.

Ha, when i contacted corpus christi college they gave like detailed pricing on everything from food to heating costs. They even emailed table of 'estimated costs' of everything and a total. Clearly the college have more time on their hands/nicer.

M sister got everything on the day of the August results and found out her room late August/September. There is probably some info on prices etc on the college website. It probably depends on the college.

(PS: I'm so glad I'm not going to study medicine my sister is completely snowed under with work and she has been told 2nd year is even worse!!)
Reply 1231
Original post by Jacke02
Ha, when i contacted corpus christi college they gave like detailed pricing on everything from food to heating costs. They even emailed table of 'estimated costs' of everything and a total. Clearly the college have more time on their hands/nicer.

You have to remember that Corpus is one of the smallest colleges though, so they can probably get information out more easily.

I think it just depends on your college - some do it after results day, some before.

Dont worry, I'm also the only person from my group of friends who has an offer from Cambridge, so it feels like it's going to be lonely, but I'm sure we will meet plenty of people there and it won't bother us one bit :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1232
Original post by kpatb
You have to remember that Corpus is one of the smallest colleges though, so they can probably get information out more easily.

I think it just depends on your college - some do it after results day, some before.

This is totally true. Each college has their own procedure. You won't find out your room allocation until August regardless though, so you're not missing out on anything!

Dont worry, I'm also the only person from my group of friends who has an offer from Cambridge, so it feels like it's going to be lonely, but I'm sure we will meet plenty of people there and it won't bother us one bit :biggrin:

I was the only person from my school at Cambridge and it wasn't even one bit lonely. I met 80% of my closest friends on the first day I arrived, and two of them literally within five minutes of arriving when they helped me carry all my stuff up three flights of stairs. You have to remember that it's pretty rare for people from the same school to be at the same college anyway, so everyone is new, most people won't know anyone and EVERYONE is desperate to meet people and make friends.
hey i got an offer for Chinese/AMES from robinson :smile:
Original post by cosi_è_la_vita

congrats :smile:

Hello :biggrin:
and well done :smile:)
Reply 1236

Congrats to you :smile: !!!!
Reply 1237
Original post by comrade_jon

Yeah I sent a message and got no response as well! Harsh but waiting does look like our best bet :P Thanks for the info though :smile:
Reply 1238
Original post by kpatb

Yeah definitely no doubt that I'm going to meet some awesome people over there. It's always a little scary though to think about leaving home because I'm from Trinidad in the Caribbean. Most of my friends will be back home while I'm at cambridge! No worries though! C'est la Vie! Thanks for the pep talk tho :tongue:
Reply 1239
Yeah definitely no doubt that I'm going to meet some awesome people over there. It's always a little scary though to think about leaving home because I'm from Trinidad in the Caribbean. Most of my friends will be back home while I'm at cambridge! No worries though! C'est la Vie! Thanks for the pep talk tho :tongue:

Aw don't worry, I'm from very far away too, and I'll be thousands of miles away from home. So my point is, theere'll be lots of people in a similar position to us :smile: Are you excited? :biggrin: Which college and which course, if you don't mind me askin :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending