The Student Room Group

What new things have you experienced at uni? Fess up!

Scroll to see replies

I find it a bit strange that people have gone to uni without doing an all nighter or getting with randomers .. aren't they just the prerequisites of teenage life? my uni life is good , i go out a fair bit but i think i might have sadly become more tame . guess mine would be :
going into lectures still drunk/stoned
sketchbook work whilst drunk
12 nights out in a row (freshers)
trying to break into my friend's house with a credit card after i accidentally locked her out , again whilst drunk
experiencing photos of me getting with people on facebook that i am unable to get deleted

regret the last one but that's all. next time i am hiding from cameras and photographers!

i really do not understand why everyone is having a go at the girl who posted this. she's slept with one person so hardly a slut , and she is evidently referring to new experiences which are going out related rather than ones to do with work .
it's definitely possible to go out loads , make new friends , get pretty drunk about three/four times a week and still do well . anyone who can't clearly just isn't hardcore . people who say this is evidence of the downfall of society are retarded , it is possible to act like a complete slut and still be extremely intelligent , engaged in society and achieve a first from a respected uni. may as well have fun when you're young :smile:
Reply 121
-being woken up on several occasions at 3am from fire alarms
-partied til me/someone has thrown up
-witness 2 year relationships fall apart
-the use of the oven
-timing when the hot water runs best in the flat
-all nighters for assignments
-headfirst into overdraft
-being kidnapped whilst drunk and then found by flat mates
-That malibu is best mixed with lemonade or some kind of mixer
-That vodka is not a mixer itself
-Pizza deliveries are a saint when shared by half a dozen flat mates
-Being attacked by angry girlfriends
-Being sick whilst being unconscience
-Homesick
-Dates = free food
Reply 122
ITT: complete loss of dignity.
Original post by RamocitoMorales
Middle class people grow up as their daddy's little princess back home, and when they get the slightest bit of freedom, they let themselves go completely mental.

What the hell are they trying to achieve, or prove?

This.
Reply 124
Nipple Piercing
Ecstasy

Apart from that, I haven't got up to much stuff that I wasn't doing before.
Reply 125
Going to classes too hungover to think

The walk of shame

learning to cook (pasta, pizza, and steak :3)

how amazing cooking food is when it's 4am and you're drunk

The unbelievable rage you feel when you open the fridge for some milk and find someone has taken your entire carton

How the best nights are the unexpected ones
Original post by James4d
Going to classes too hungover to think

The walk of shame

learning to cook (pasta, pizza, and steak :3)

how amazing cooking food is when it's 4am and you're drunk

The unbelievable rage you feel when you open the fridge for some milk and find someone has taken your entire carton

How the best nights are the unexpected ones

Nah don't bother cooking food at 4am, it's all about the kebab shop or a chunk of cheese when you get home! I ate a whole block one night...really helps the hangover though!
Reply 127
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Nah don't bother cooking food at 4am, it's all about the kebab shop or a chunk of cheese when you get home! I ate a whole block one night...really helps the hangover though!

As much as I love a kebab, nothing quite like cooking pizza, bacon and chips, and throwing them altogether on one plate. Drunkenly cooking it with your mates is great as well :biggrin:
Hmmm there are just so many! But to list a few...
- Being frapped countless times in one night

- Weed

- A couple of ONS, one on which I lost my virginity

- Getting with guys on the majority of nights out

- Waking up to a fire alarm every other night, sometimes twice in one night

- Having drinks bought for me

- Doing a lab when still pretty pissed

- Budgeting

- Made chinese food from scratch

Can't wait to go back!!
Original post by James4d
As much as I love a kebab, nothing quite like cooking pizza, bacon and chips, and throwing them altogether on one plate. Drunkenly cooking it with your mates is great as well :biggrin:

Ha ha I guess so, I'm just too lazy when get back! Sometimes have a cheese toastie! And I do cook if I want to talk to my flatmates about the gossip of the evening!

Quick Reply

Latest