Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I always have fb chats with one of my guy friends and it starts normal but then always turns into some massive long innuendo between us, whilst of course it isn't serious and we just make loads of puns, but he has a girlfriend (who i know and am also good friends with) we're not attracted to each other at all it's just a joke thing... though sometimes i wonder if it's out of line?

would it upset you?

ReputationRep:
    It wouldn't upset me if I never knew. His girlfriend doesn't know.... Have fun convos

ReputationRep:
    PM me and let's have some fun. :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Its fine if you're not into him and he's not into you, innocent flirty fun.

But... If I was his gf and I found out, I would NOT be happy.

Maybe scale it back a tad?

ReputationRep:
    I do this with guys in general haha. But then I found out that most of the single guys I did it with ended up fancying me I try to avoid flirting with guys in relationships if I can. Things end up messy if I don't

I know it's hard to pull it back, but maybe just tread carefully? You might not like him, but for all you know he might be misreading you if you are flirting a lot. The last thing you want is to get into the situation where you are having to explain why you were flirting to your best friend.

I think that joking/flirting is one thing but maybe innuendo is another? I wouldn't be happy if I found out my boyfriend was flirting in that way with another girl, especially if it was one girl in particular. But at the same time, joking with him is no crime. Just, like I said, be careful that the signals you're giving aren't being misconstrued.

ReputationRep:
    I had/have a friendship with a girl that almost entirely consists of innuendos. She used to have a boyfriend who HATED me with a passion. But that was only cus he was jealous
    Me and her would wink, blow kisses and laugh so hard at pretending to grab each other. Some people told me maybe I should stop, but I didn't, and nothing happened. To be honest, there's still a lot of sexual tension between us and always has been. But nothing will happen and we're still best mates. So I say just carry on. You're mates, and it's just a unique friendship. I hate people who act different when they have boyfriends/girlfriends (which is everyone really)

I had a relationship like this with a guy...still do to an extent. His girlfriend really hated the way we were with eachother and I was even accused of cheating at one point - but it was nothing but flirtation.

We used to have conversations like that that would just turn into one big innuendo and it was fun (though I'm sure his girlfriend wouldn't see it that way). He would sometimes ask to meet me late at night(lol), but just in case he was proposing what I thought, I didn't go there. We still have a flirtatious relationship, but it's died down a good bit...I love the sexual tension though, and I think it will always be there as long as it never acted upon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I had a relationship like this with a guy...still do to an extent. His girlfriend really hated the way we were with eachother and I was even accused of cheating at one point - but it was nothing but flirtation.

We used to have conversations like that that would just turn into one big innuendo and it was fun (though I'm sure his girlfriend wouldn't see it that way). He would sometimes ask to meet me late at night(lol), but just in case he was proposing what I thought, I didn't go there. We still have a flirtatious relationship, but it's died down a good bit... I love the sexual tension though, and I think it will always be there as long as it never acted upon!
    See, all of that would make me want to go around to yours and ***** slap you, if I were in his girlfriend's shoes.

It's really not on. It's not fair. And the one time I've actually had anything like that happen to me I totally hit the roof.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 18, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.