Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys

Has anyone been or does anyone have an opinion on London South Bank as a Uni ?

Thanks for you're views

ReputationRep:
    it sucks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kerny)
    it sucks

Yeah it's sort of my last choice..but i got an offer today from them...i like the idea of not having to move...i can just get the train ...but have heard mostly bad things about the uni itself..

Thanks Kerny

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heckmeister)
    Yeah it's sort of my last choice..but i got an offer today from them...i like the idea of not having to move...i can just get the train ...but have heard mostly bad things about the uni itself..

Thanks Kerny
    What are your other choices? I'm not a prestige obsessive but if you get/have offers from anywhere else I'd say you should go with any other option. It doesn't have a great ranking, put it that way. But of course, most of this advice depends on your course. If you were doing a newer subject like music technology or media studies, I'd guess Southbank would be good for those sort of subjects but if you're doing something like English/Law/Psychology I'd advise you to go somewhere else because I wouldn't think your employability would be that enhanced afterwards. Do you like the university and/or the course? Are there any unique aspects you'll only get from Southbank? Even though it's your last choice, I'd assume you're seriously considering it because you've made a thread about it. I wouldn't tell you not to go there but I'd advise you to think about it because the last thing you'd want is to come out of uni and regret your choice. Is Southbank good for your subject?

ReputationRep:
    Some reviews students have made about LSB

ReputationRep:
    I agree i think that south bank should really only be viewed as a last choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonddust)
    What are your other choices? I'm not a prestige obsessive but if you get/have offers from anywhere else I'd say you should go with any other option. It doesn't have a great ranking, put it that way. But of course, most of this advice depends on your course. If you were doing a newer subject like music technology or media studies, I'd guess Southbank would be good for those sort of subjects but if you're doing something like English/Law/Psychology I'd advise you to go somewhere else because I wouldn't think your employability would be that enhanced afterwards. Do you like the university and/or the course? Are there any unique aspects you'll only get from Southbank? Even though it's your last choice, I'd assume you're seriously considering it because you've made a thread about it. I wouldn't tell you not to go there but I'd advise you to think about it because the last thing you'd want is to come out of uni and regret your choice. Is Southbank good for your subject?
    My other choices are Bournemouth , Swansea, Worcester and Bath spa... Bournemouth is the one i want though

ReputationRep:
    I live near there.

ReputationRep:
    I know people that go there are international students, part time, they do accounting or something and they enjoy it but it depends on the subject i guess.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.