Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi was wondering

How do you put your picture into another picture

eg their is a picture of me but i want to place it in another background or another place?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...-photo_big.jpg
    http://akvis.com/img/examples/sketch...cape-photo.jpg

If you want to put the bird from the first picture into the second picture, you have to remove the background from the first picture before you do that. There are several ways of doing this depending on the complexity of the background you are trying to remove (naturally lots of grass will be difficult to remove if you're wearing a green sweater, green pants and happen to have green hair - than say if you were against a plain white background.)

Good quality studio photos will be the easiest to "put into" another picture - or any photo with a white or plain background, where the background contrasts with your body. Would be more helpful if you could give us more information.

There're lots of tutorials on the internet if you want to google it - search for "remove background with photoshop" or something similar if you want to do it yourself.

(Original post by Chelle-belle)
    http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...-photo_big.jpg
    http://akvis.com/img/examples/sketch...cape-photo.jpg

If you want to put the bird from the first picture into the second picture, you have to remove the background from the first picture before you do that. There are several ways of doing this depending on the complexity of the background you are trying to remove (naturally lots of grass will be difficult to remove if you're wearing a green sweater, green pants and happen to have green hair - than say if you were against a plain white background.)

Good quality studio photos will be the easiest to "put into" another picture - or any photo with a white or plain background, where the background contrasts with your body. Would be more helpful if you could give us more information.

There're lots of tutorials on the internet if you want to google it - search for "remove background with photoshop" or something similar if you want to do it yourself.
    thanks i want to do it by myself though ill google it as well but no success

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueray)
    thanks i want to do it by myself though ill google it as well but no success
    There are a lot of ways of removing the background. Any information on the pictures you are trying to remove the background from? Some methods work better with cleaner photos, whereas others will work just as well for annoying ones.

Good luck though.

I personally hate removing backgrounds so I would just tell you to take a new photo against a white background.

ReputationRep:
    There are a lot of ways of removing the background. Any information on the pictures you are trying to remove the background from? Some methods work better with cleaner photos, whereas others will work just as well for annoying ones.

Good luck though.

I personally hate removing backgrounds so I would just tell you to take a new photo against a white background.

The Lasso tool is your friend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heckmeister)
    Doesn't quite look so natural the majority of the time, but for the most part I agree.

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't quite look so natural the majority of the time, but for the most part I agree.
    Yeah i agree but you can get rid of sharp edges using the Blur tool...and maybe even use the background rubber with a a high feather. You have to be pretty acurate with the lasso tool too.

I'm still learning it all though

ReputationRep:
    the lasso tool is not your friend.

use the pen tool for cutting out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DesignFreak)

Yeah or that too :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DesignFreak)

They both make selections - both are the same to me as I am fine with using both. Either way you get mostly jagged non-natural edges.

So whats the best way without going on a white background?

ReputationRep:
    Everyone i spoke to about this said " use what ever you feel comfy with, they both do the same job "

ok thanks

btw when i use the crop tool
    I only want that certain section to be cropped
    however the entire picture gets cut down at the same time ???

ReputationRep:
    Don't use the crop tool.

The simplest methods are:
    To use the polygonal or magnetic lasso tool to make a selection. Or the pen tool and make a vector shape around the object you want to cut out in a Paths layer (Window -> Paths, if you can't see the box for it). You could always just use the eraser tool to remove what you don't want.

Don't use the crop tool.

The simplest methods are:
    To use the polygonal or magnetic lasso tool to make a selection. Or the pen tool and make a vector shape around the object you want to cut out in a Paths layer (Window -> Paths, if you can't see the box for it). You could always just use the eraser tool to remove what you don't want.
    polygonal or magnetic lasso tool... What do they look like
    sorry just absolutely new on this

ReputationRep:
    http://www.ajmcclary.com/wp-content/...op_toolbar.png

The second one down on the left is there the lasso tools can be located (there are about 3-4 of them under one icon I think.) You can also mouse over icons and a little dialogue box will show up with the name of the tool.

http://www.ajmcclary.com/wp-content/...op_toolbar.png

The second one down on the left is there the lasso tools can be located (there are about 3-4 of them under one icon I think.) You can also mouse over icons and a little dialogue box will show up with the name of the tool.
    Thanks so much chelle belle ps nice to meet you
    im from london how about you?

ReputationRep:
    No problem - hope it works out for you.

And yeah I'm from London too :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heckmeister)
    I HATE the lasso tool it never looks right. I always stick a white layer mask over the picture and paint on black to make it transparent. It also makes nicer edges.

(Original post by Weloveclover)
    I HATE the lasso tool it never looks right. I always stick a white layer mask over the picture and paint on black to make it transparent. It also makes nicer edges.
    How can you see the pic underneath, change transparency on the layer above:confused:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.