Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i've applied to only four choices so far:
    Oxford
    UCL
    York
    Edinburgh

i'm international, so i've been procrastinating on picking a 5th choice, as i have never seen the uk before, but i really need to make up my mind soon.
    i'm on a gap year, and my qualifications are pretty much the equivalent of AAA. still, i need a back up that I can be certain i'll get into... any ideas?

i was considering cardiff or dundee, perhaps--any thoughts on these?

thanks so much for your help!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Wait, I'm confused. If you've applied for 2011 entry for Oxford then your way too late to apply for a 5th choice. If you haven't applied yet then your way too late to apply to oxford. And if your applying 2012, you have ages to choose and offers will change for next years entry so you won't be able to find a definite backup until they've been posted next spring.

ReputationRep:
    i've applied for 2011 entry for oxford, but i'm allowed to add additional choices until january...

ReputationRep:
    Maybe Birmingham or Southampton? Both are in a good location so the student life will be good and they're excellent for psychology.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Sorry my misunderstanding, I thought you meant replacing a choice!

ReputationRep:
    Tbh as you already have the grades I wouldn't apply to a uni asking for very low grades, because Dundee only asks for BCC. Maybe have one choice asking AAB, so perhaps Lancaster, Sheffield, Leeds, Royal Holloway, there are loads, I guess only you know what your looking for in a uni But yeah, I don't see why you would need to drop entry requirements to B/C when you already have amazing grades
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Cardiff's a great choice for psychology in particular, especially as they do the placement year. Plus it'd be a lovely vibrant city to live in! I don't know much about Dundee, but I echo the sentiments of previous posters- stick to applying to the top range of universities as you do already have your grades, unless you really feel a need for a back up.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.