Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all.

Just wondering, what is the download speed for those staying in the Uni halls of residence?

Are there any restrictions on the internet, any webpages blocked?

Can you play video games online (i.e. ps3, xbox 360) and can you play MMOs ( i.e World of warcraft)?

Thanks all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zionic)
    Hi all.

Just wondering, what is the download speed for those staying in the Uni halls of residence?

Are there any restrictions on the internet, any webpages blocked?

Can you play video games online (i.e. ps3, xbox 360) and can you play MMOs ( i.e World of warcraft)?

Thanks all
    Im in Unite halls, Alexandra works. Unite halls will no doubt have different rules, kind of, so can't speak for the rest of the 'normal' halls.

Internet 'speed' is 2mb , my top download normal speed (despite randomly having spikes of like 500kb) is around 250bk/s using Steam, which is what the download speed should be using 2mb .
    Can play MMO's too here, no restrictions on anything like that.
    That said, you do randomly having high speeds like i have often downloaded whole films in like 20 minutes or something.

We can play 360 online here, two flatmates do, guess you can for ps3 too.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Plymouth University resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.