Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure whether to put this down as one of my two options for law, have got a similar offer from Aberwysthwth but I don't know.
    How is the nightlife? Or Law department? Or anything that might help me make a decision!

ReputationRep:
    I love Bangor. But with the SU knocked down, there isnt that great a night life...probably slightly better than Aber though from my experience. And the temp SU will hopefully open soon which means it will be a lot better...and you would get to see the new SU when its ready...the plans look very impressive. I way prefer Bangor to Aber, but you should visit and feel the vibe for yourself.

ReputationRep:
    I have an offer from Aber which I've been too and loved and one from Bangor which I haven't been to yet but am considering as my insurance. Any more comparisons would be good.

ReputationRep:
    3 of my house mates do Law and they really enjoy it, and as for Bangor itself, it's a really great place; quite small, but just means everything's within walking distance, which is the one thing I really like

Nightlife is lacking slightly, but the people are great, and there's still plenty of pubs and such, and I actually quite like occy on certain night (student wednesdays are usually good!) If you're used to a brilliant and varied nightlife however, you may be disappointed.

Can't comment on Aberystwyth Uni, but I have been to the town itself, and again, it's a nice town, and my friend who does history there really likes it.

Have you considered going to the open days? May help you to get more of a feel as to where you'd rather go

ReputationRep:
    My best friend is at Bangor, and he loves it! He has hundreds (literally..) of friends, just gone into his second year, and goes out pretty much every night

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spanishguy)
    I have an offer from Aber which I've been too and loved and one from Bangor which I haven't been to yet but am considering as my insurance. Any more comparisons would be good.
    They are very similar imo.

ReputationRep:
    No offence but never heard of it im afraid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Man)
    They are very similar imo.
    I would disagree

ReputationRep:
    It's a great uni, a proper bangor

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.