Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, wondered if anyone out there can help me.

I am a 1st yr Undergrad, studying 6 modules in each Semester. One is really really tough, with a unhelpful lecturer, and this module is poorly structured etc, so you can see where my problems are coming from.
    I am a clever guy with straight A's at A-level, but this module (maths based) is really worrying me! This is not a "core" module however is studied in both semesters!

If I achieved good grades in all my other modules (say 60%+) which I'm confident of doing, and still failed miserably in this module (and failed the re-sit), would the uni still kick me out and not allow me to progres into the 2nd year?

It is an Accounting/Finance Degree... is it also possible if they would allow me to do another course next yr such as Business Studies for example? I am scared that I will fail my 1st year, and then obviously have no uni to go to in my 2nd yr (because UCAS deadline is very soon), hence meaning I would have wasted 2 years of my life!

Any help/advice is appreciated

ReputationRep:
    One module shouldn't matter, we have to pass all ours to progress (40%), but if say you got 70% in them all and 35% in one, they would compensate that module (upto 40% and take the others down slightly), that's done on a situational basis though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theronkinator)
    One module shouldn't matter, we have to pass all ours to progress (40%), but if say you got 70% in them all and 35% in one, they would compensate that module (upto 40% and take the others down slightly), that's done on a situational basis though.
    Yh i forgot to mention I could get away with 31% if my other modules are fine (which should be the case), however 30% in this module seems very tough to say the least!
    Guess I should start working even harder towards it, and sacrifice marks in the other modules to make sure I get at least 30-35% in this one :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theronkinator)
    Hmm, mine are different to this. It doesn't even out the same. You have to get at least 40% in ALL your modules to pass the year.

ReputationRep:
    Depends upon university, and furthermore upon the department you're in. You should contact them or look through your university website.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know of stories when someone hasnt passed a module (so cannot continue onto their 2nd year) but is offered the chance to study an alternative degree the following year? how common/uncommon is this?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.