Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i am thinking of applying for a job, but wondered if there are a minimum number of hours you have to work, i would be thinking about 8hrs, so maybe 2 x 4hours shifts when i fill the application form in.
    Are tesco good for students? are they flexible or do they try to make you do lots of overtime? x

ReputationRep:
    i work for tesco and i have a contract of 4.75 hours per week. they dont force you into overtime, but its there if you want it. it depends on who the team leader is i would think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mosmof)
    i work for tesco and i have a contract of 4.75 hours per week. they dont force you into overtime, but its there if you want it. it depends on who the team leader is i would think.
    hey, thanks. When you applied did you chose that or was that the contract? its a new tesco express opening and i would love just 4-5 hours a week but not sure if they would bother.
    x

ReputationRep:
    there was a vacancy for a saturday and sunday shift, both were the same hours i believe. im not sure an express would give you 4 - 5 hour per week contract because they only have say 7 or so staff. nevertheless give it a go and on your application put you are available a lot of the time (even if sometimes you may not be).

they like to see you are free a lot. and remember on the questions and if you get an interview, the customer is always first, not profit etc (thats a managers role).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.