Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So during first term, I mistook this guys friendliness for something more... and I found out rather badly that he's not really interested in me. Most of our friends know and at the last party, the atmosphere felt pretty awkward around us. What can I do go back to how it was before and show him that I can be only friends if that's what he wants. I'd really still want him as a friend because he's a great guy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fruity009)
    So during first term, I mistook this guys friendliness for something more... and I found out rather badly that he's not really interested in me. Most of our friends know and at the last party, the atmosphere felt pretty awkward around us. What can I do go back to how it was before and show him that I can be only friends if that's what he wants. I'd really still want him as a friend because he's a great guy!
    ''Hey I know things have been really awkward between us since I misunderstood the situation last term but I'm over it so any chance we can put it behind us ? It's clearly effecting the atmosphere for the rest of our friends''

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheFlyingDutchman)
    ''Hey I know things have been really awkward between us since I misunderstood the situation last term but I'm over it so any chance we can put it behind us ? It's clearly effecting the atmosphere for the rest of our friends''
    I think from his view it would rather seem like I was overinitiating and the atmosphere's just between us - awkward in an indirect way between our friends. And do you reckon I should tell him this directly though or via text or fb?

ReputationRep:
    I think from his view it would rather seem like I was overinitiating and the atmosphere's just between us - awkward in an indirect way between our friends. And do you reckon I should tell him this directly though or via text or fb?
    You and this guy share the same friends. If you just mention that as a reason why things shouldn't be awkward I am sure he will put it behind him. Unless there is something else you are not telling us. I see no reason to create awkwardness because you liked him and he didn't like you back. Everyones been in that situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheFlyingDutchman)
    You and this guy share the same friends. If you just mention that as a reason why things shouldn't be awkward I am sure he will put it behind him. Unless there is something else you are not telling us. I see no reason to create awkwardness because you liked him and he didn't like you back. Everyones been in that situation.
    I'm actually thinking whether i should or shouldn't mention it to him at all... because I haven't openly admitted to him I like him, we both sort of know indirectly

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually thinking whether i should or shouldn't mention it to him at all... because I haven't openly admitted to him I like him, we both sort of know indirectly
    Well people don't wonder about things they don't want to do.

So I say you do it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 16, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.