Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer. Who else applied for the BEng in Civil Engineering? Are you gna go there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaya1)
    I got an offer. Who else applied for the BEng in Civil Engineering? Are you gna go there?
    Ive got an offer for civil engineering. are you on yougo the ucas thing?

ReputationRep:
    Im yeah.. the yougo is wierd?

ReputationRep:
    I'm a 4th year MEng Civil Engineering student at the University of Plymouth - happy to answer any questions you have in a transparent and honest way, regarding lecturers, facilities, courseworks you will be set etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peter151uk)
    I'm a 4th year MEng Civil Engineering student at the University of Plymouth - happy to answer any questions you have in a transparent and honest way, regarding lecturers, facilities, courseworks you will be set etc.
    Thanks alot. Do you have to do outside work alot, like in the cold weather and what not? do you get any training, if so in what.

Thanks ALOT. x

ReputationRep:
    The only work I did outside was some elementary surveying around the university in my first year, as part of the surveying module. Couldn't stand it personally, but didnt have to do it again so its all good! We also had a field trip in the second year (dont get too excited) for Geotechnics , where we went on walks around cliffs, listening to our lecturer go on about geology and had to write a report about what we learned. We also had occasional site visits in our first year, but these were for informative purposes rather than assessments.

tl;dr the vast majority of the work you will be set is inside! So don't worry about the cold : )

If you're impatient to start finding out what you're going to learn, feel free to request past coursework (hint: they very rarely change!), exams, lecture notes and the like and I'll email them to you. Any other questions please feel free to ask ) Good luck x

ReputationRep:
    The Civil Engineers are always outside my halls doing "surveying" in there high vis jackets. You would think by now they have mapped every paving stone on campus!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peter151uk)
    Hey, whats the reading list for the first year?

btw where you showing people round at the open day? cause I think my groups guide was called peter

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Plymouth University resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.