Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Crap, just confused my friends Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have two friends who are very similar (although, strangely enough, they don't know each other.) One of them is diabetic and the other is not ... but I can never remember which one.

Was buying Christmas presents and wanted to get one of them chocolates. Thinking it was the diabetic one, I bought special diabetic chocolates.

You probably guessed where this is going: talking to the other one today, and he mentioned his diabetes. So I've bought diabetic chocolate for the non-diabetic friend.

Is there any way this isn't going to become his 'strangest ever present' story?

EDIT: And yes, I've already given him the gift, so it's not like I can switch gifts around.

EDIT 2: No, no - lots of misunderstanding. I only bought one gift of chocolates, but thought I was buying for the diabetic friend so bought diabetic chocolate. Then I found out I was actually buying it for the non-diabetic friend, so now it just looks like a very weird present.

Diabetic friend has a CD for Christmas.

ReputationRep:
    Just explain it was a simple mistake - I'm sure they'd understand. It would be worse if you'd bought the diabetic one non-diabetic chocolates!

ReputationRep:
    you went through all that and still had the strength and willpower to post it online, You are a trooper!
    i'm joking, i'm sure if you just explain to them, you can either just switch both the gifts around or tell the diabetic not to eat the chocolates.

ReputationRep:
    It will make a good Xmas story.
    EDIT: Wait a sec.... NO!! NOT GOOD.

If you gave the diabetic friend the non-diabetic chocolates then you have no choice but to nab it some how or simply ask for it back. If you don't then you have a very sticky situation (and im not talking melted choccys)

But seriously I would just ask for it back. Sorry OP I misread. I should have read the question first

ReputationRep:
    Look at the 3rd spoiler in my sig, then approach your friend and explain things through, before he you know, dies and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Say you wrapped it for another friend who has diabetes and must've stuck the wrong label on?

ReputationRep:
    No, no - lots of misunderstanding. I only bought one gift of chocolates, but thought I was buying for the diabetic friend so bought diabetic chocolate. Then I found out I was actually buying it for the non-diabetic friend, so now it just looks like a very weird present.

ReputationRep:
    Is there any way to give this friend diabetes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddyman4)
    Is there any way to give this friend diabetes?
    I have considered that, but couldn't come up with anything...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSownRose)
    I have considered that, but couldn't come up with anything...
    Simple solution, inject lots and lots of insulin into your friend, until the body no longer recognises insulin = diabetes, sorted

But seriously, this isn't such a big deal, he/she may not notice the chocolate is different.....unless is tastes really bad?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilzyy)
    Simple solution, inject lots and lots of insulin into your friend, until the body no longer recognises insulin = diabetes, sorted

But seriously, this isn't such a big deal, he/she may not notice the chocolate is different.....unless is tastes really bad?
    Personally, I prefer the taste of it ... but then, I'm not really a fan of sweet things.

It does have "Diabetic Selection Box" written on the front, though.

ReputationRep:
    Diabetic friend!

ReputationRep:
    Plant drugs in the chocolates and the other gift and ring the crime... they'll get sent to prison but you'll avoid an awkward 15 minutes of explanations, and they'll avoid being disappointed by your mistake. It's a win win situation! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I prefer the taste of it ... but then, I'm not really a fan of sweet things.

It does have "Diabetic Selection Box" written on the front, though.
    Hmm that could be sticky lol...

Ah well if your friend doesn't like them, you could eat them? xD

ReputationRep:
    I have two friends who are very similar (although, strangely enough, they don't know each other.) One of them is diabetic and the other is not ... but I can never remember which one.

Was buying Christmas presents and wanted to get one of them chocolates. Thinking it was the diabetic one, I bought special diabetic chocolates.

You probably guessed where this is going: talking to the other one today, and he mentioned his diabetes. So I've bought diabetic chocolate for the non-diabetic friend.

Is there any way this isn't going to become his 'strangest ever present' story?

EDIT: And yes, I've already given him the gift, so it's not like I can switch gifts around.

EDIT 2: No, no - lots of misunderstanding. I only bought one gift of chocolates, but thought I was buying for the diabetic friend so bought diabetic chocolate. Then I found out I was actually buying it for the non-diabetic friend, so now it just looks like a very weird present.

:teehee: That tickled me. I wouldn't say anything to the confused friend, let it freak him out about.

ReputationRep:
    Anythings better than a letter bomb I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    Tell them you care so much about them that you want them to enjoy eating chocolates at Christmas without risking getting diabetes

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 16, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.