Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does anyone do this? Trolley-related Watch

ReputationRep:
    When you're in supermarkets and pushing a trolley, does anyone else check to see if they're in an empty aisle - and when you are, you run with it and jump on the wheels so you go flying down the aisle?

Or is it just me?

I don't do it that much. Honest.

ReputationRep:
    I pretend I'm in a Grand Prix with the other shoppers. And I practice parallel parking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    When you're in supermarkets and pushing a trolley, does anyone else check to see if they're in an empty aisle - and when you are, you run with it and jump on the wheels so you go flying down the aisle?

Or is it just me?

I don't do it that much. Honest.
    I do it all the time! Makes me feel like a kid inside

ReputationRep:
    who DOESN'T, that is is the question.
    I love it

ReputationRep:
    My trolley skills are so bad that once a woman suggested I get L-plates for it

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes! It makes shopping more fun.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I do. It's great fun, but then someone spots you and you have to pretend you aren't...

ReputationRep:
    I personally let me feet dangle midair, but yes. Yes I do.

ReputationRep:
    I like to drift in and out of the aisles :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Trolley surfing is awesome. However make sure you slow down before you get to the end of the aisle, otherwise you might knock a child over. I learnt this the hard way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    I pretend I'm in a Grand Prix with the other shoppers. And I practice parallel parking
    And you've got to beat them to the end of the aisle? :ahee:

I always have Murray Walkers voice going through my head aswell as a sort of commentary.

ReputationRep:
    Yes :')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewroll)
    Trolley surfing is awesome. However make sure you slow down before you get to the end of the aisle, otherwise you might knock a child over. I learnt this the hard way
    Haha! I bet that was hard to explain to the child's parent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roxas13)
    Haha! I bet that was hard to explain to the child's parent
    Are you kidding, I trolley-surfed out of there as fast as i could as soon as the mum started yelling at me. Ah, to be a child again.

To think, that was only a year ago.
    But now Im 18 so i have much better brake control.

ReputationRep:
    The frozen sections are the best for this IMO. All the food is on the other side of the glass so unless you accidentally hit the glass with extreme force, no food spillages should occur.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, I use baskets :ashamed2:

ReputationRep:
    I often go food shopping with a couple of friends, so trolley fights and races are inevitable

ReputationRep:
    Pfft I take my own rims and chrome trim to put on my trolley, then I drift with style. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Yes. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewroll)
    Are you kidding, I trolley-surfed out of there as fast as i could as soon as the mum started yelling at me. Ah, to be a child again.

To think, that was only a year ago.
    But now Im 18 so i have much better brake control.
    I've had my fair share of running out of super-markets in a panick. Once me and my friend were walking by this stand where there were loads of pre-cooked meals and me and my friend were messing about pushing the trolley back and forth to each other. It hit the stand and the stand fell on the pre-cooked meals squishing the contents out onto all the passerbys shoes. The stand then had a dominoe effect and knocked over another stand right in front of me.

Never sprinted so fast in my life, a security guy ran after us as well :cool:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 17, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.