Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I posted a while back about a guy I saw for a bit at uni who I went to school with when I was younger and he's from my hometown as well. Basically he hadn't been in contact for weeks even though we had a great time together. I was asking whether or not to message him.
    I did message him in the end and said do you want to start over, maybe hook up or just be mates, and he messaged back saying that basically I'd freaked him out because he knew I was looking for a relationship and he's only interested in something casual, but starting to talk to me again would be cool. (I realised all I'm ever going to have with him is casual and I'm fine with that, I just want to start seeing him again).
    I left it for a bit then BBMd him saying hey, then when he didnt reply my friends told me to talk to him on facebook chat. So I did and we actually had a proper conversation, chatting about uni and being back home etc, and it was very relaxed. So I threw in "do you wanna do something sometime?" and he said "maybe if im free" but "its going to be a busy break" and that he's got loads of plans lined up including a weekend away.

So he could obviously be genuinely busy- it's the first time he's back home since starting uni and he's got lots of mates at home, or he could be not interested, but surely if he didn't want to speak to me, he would have ignored me on chat and not tried to make conversation, and he wouldn't have been able to give details about his plans? What should I do next?

ReputationRep:
    IMO he's playing hard to get. You should do the same.

ReputationRep:
    i think you should wait and see what happens. leave it up to him now details of you both meeting up otherwise you may end up freakn him out again?

(Original post by Elwyn)
    IMO he's playing hard to get. You should do the same.

(Original post by xayshx)
    [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]i think you should wait and see what happens. leave it up to him now details of you both meeting up otherwise you may end up freakn him out again? [/COLOR]
    Tell me more??

ReputationRep:
    The truth is:

He was interested in a one-off.

But he either realized you wanted something more or that you're crazy.

And is no longer interested, but is leaving you hanging just in case he ever hits a drought.

Personally I'd guess crazy if you haven't realized this is going nowhere.

(Original post by Yawn11)
    The truth is:

He was interested in a one-off.

But he either realized you wanted something more or that you're crazy.

And is no longer interested, but is leaving you hanging just in case he ever hits a drought.

Personally I'd guess crazy if you haven't realized this is going nowhere.
    I know it's going nowhere in terms of a relationship...
    Basically yes I had a go at him because he was VERY misleading and made me think he wanted something serious, and I'd just been through a thing where I thought another guy wanted more than just casual. But we sorted all of that out.
    He knows that I know where we both stand, so I don't understand why he would turn down sex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    He knows that I know where we both stand, so I don't understand why he would turn down sex.
    Who know, but you're a girl so you could get it easily from someone else? Not a big deal :dontknow:

Also, it wasn't exactly a one-off...

(Original post by Yawn11)
    Who know, but you're a girl so you could get it easily from someone else? Not a big deal :dontknow:
    I resent that! It's not any easier than it is for a guy to find some that you find attractive who also finds you attractive and is avaliable (and straight)!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I resent that! It's not any easier than it is for a guy to find some that you find attractive who also finds you attractive and is avaliable (and straight)!
    It's way easier darling. Not likely a guy will be mad at you for getting your boobs out. Unless, you know, you're fugly

ReputationRep:
    He's not playing hard to get. He wanted a one-off and thats it. Although you are ok with a casual type thing, i guess that still too much for him. And tbh I dont reli think two people can have a casual thing without other emotions being brought up eventually and then it turns into a mess. So he probs just wants to avoid this

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 16, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.