Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    iv got a conditional offer for childhood studies at huddersfield. but i dont know if i want to go there yet

anyone else wanting to study childhood studies ?

ReputationRep:
    Childhood studies? Really? Shouldn't that be a module in another degree.

ReputationRep:
    its a degree

ReputationRep:
    what makes u think that ?

ReputationRep:
    I've got an offer for Childhood studies, it's my first choice!

Anyone else really really really want to go there?!

ReputationRep:
    Oh, it's a full degree, it has lots of scope for if you're not overly sure what you want to do as a career. I am wanting to go into teahing after

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haeleah)
    I've got an offer for Childhood studies, it's my first choice!

Anyone else really really really want to go there?!
    i have got an offer but i dont know whether i want to go there yet.. have u been to any open days? if u have whats the uni like ?

i want to be a primary school teacher as well, but want to keep my options open.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lalala1)
    i have got an offer but i dont know whether i want to go there yet.. have u been to any open days? if u have whats the uni like ?

i want to be a primary school teacher as well, but want to keep my options open.
    Yeah I've been to look around, it's really nice. Facilities are great. It's like on the doorstep to the town too. I suppose it just depends on what you're looking for really. The childhood studies course is the best out of the ones i have applied for, you get your own personal tutor assigned to you throughout the three years studying there. that might be the same everywhere i'm not sure, its not been pointed out if so. The rooms are surprisingly big too, bigger than any others I have seen. I don't live too far away from Huddersfield either, so its easy to travel home on weekends etc. How far away is Huddersfield from where you are?

Yeah that's why i've applied to do this, i'm not 100% sure what job i want, may as well keep my options open.

ReputationRep:
    its sounds pretty good! do u know what the town is like? and do u think that there will be some kind of invitation day, for people who have offers for childhood studies to go and visit, get more info etc? sorry for all the questions, think i should go and visit there myself soon, i didn't go to any open days
    where else did u apply? i really wanted to go to leeds university but my application was unsuccessful
    so will you be moving into the halls when u go?
    well, i live in manchester, so apparently its like an hours drive away. so its quite close to home which is good

Erm not overly, I only live about 40 mins away in Keighley but never really visited it! I imagine it's just like any other town really! A lot different to manc though, hudd's not a big city, a hell of a lot smaller!
    Yeah i imagine there will be don't worry about it
    Yeah you should, just to see for yourself, I can only tell you so much, know what i mean?
    Oh that's such a shame, sorry about that
    Yeah i'll be moving into halls.
    Manc is not too far away from hudd really, as long as you're planning on moving in and not travelling everyday, takes about an hour and 10 mins i think, depending on traffic.
    I've applied to Sheff Hallam, Hudd and UCLan for childhood studies and lincoln and york st. johns for Primary ed. I've got offers back from all the childhood studies courses, got to go for interviews for primary education courses though which aren't till like Feb time.
    Where else you applied?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, i plan on moving in halls.. couldn't be travelling that far everyday.
    ohh congrats and good luck with your interviews! i applied to Manchester Met, Sheffield Hallam, Huddersfield, Leeds and Bristol. Got offers from manchester met, sheffield and huddersfield.
    Yeah don't blame you!
    Thank you
    Ahh right okay, where's your first choice then?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah don't blame you!
    Thank you
    Ahh right okay, where's your first choice then?
    ermm, well i haven't replied to my offers yet. but my first choice will either be Manchester or Huddersfield, and Sheffield will be my back up. what about you ?

ReputationRep:
    ermm, well i haven't replied to my offers yet. but my first choice will either be Manchester or Huddersfield, and Sheffield will be my back up. what about you ?
    No i haven't replied to any either, don't think you can till you get all offers back.
    Yeah first choice Huddersfield and insurance choice probably sheffield hallam.
    OMG we could be going to uni together!!
    Sorry, new years got me soooo excited for uni now!

ReputationRep:
    No i haven't replied to any either, don't think you can till you get all offers back.
    Yeah first choice Huddersfield and insurance choice probably sheffield hallam.
    OMG we could be going to uni together!!
    Sorry, new years got me soooo excited for uni now!
    we have until may to reply anyway.
    omg i know yeah! i am so excited as well! i keep thinking, i have only got 5 months left at college, then summer, then hopefully uni!
    i just hope it is as good as people say it is!

ReputationRep:
    we have until may to reply anyway.
    omg i know yeah! i am so excited as well! i keep thinking, i have only got 5 months left at college, then summer, then hopefully uni!
    i just hope it is as good as people say it is!
    Oh, okay then!
    God yeah, not far away at all!
    Fingers crossed! Oh, I'm sure it will be
    Good luck with everything, may be seeing you in September!!
    x

ReputationRep:
    Oh, okay then!
    God yeah, not far away at all!
    Fingers crossed! Oh, I'm sure it will be
    Good luck with everything, may be seeing you in September!!
    x
    thanks! good luck to u as well x

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing childhood studies in september, do you have Facebook?
    Would be nice to chat before we start

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannf)
    I'm doing childhood studies in september, do you have Facebook?
    Would be nice to chat before we start
    Hi, I declined my offer from Huddersfield. So i'm going to Leeds University to study Childhood studies. But if you still want to chat on facebook message me your name and a link to your facebook and i'll add you

ReputationRep:
    Thats a shame! Are you doing the same course at Leeds?
    Xx

ReputationRep:
    yeah same course! i'm happy i'm going to leeds.. they reviewed my application and gave me an offer and i got the results i needed! you looking forward to studying your course? x

ReputationRep:
    Oh sounds brill! What made you change? Do you know anyone who's doing the one at hudds? Are you hoping to go into teaching or? Xx

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.