Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

...Why is my best friend so mean to me?

Recently, she's being stuff like "who would want you" (as in which guy would want me).

And she has everything, she has a boyfriend, she has an amazing family etc. So why is she bringing me more down than I am?

I tried telling her, but she'll brush it off as a joke.

And i've realised she uses me, I have a car and whenever she needs something, she'll call me and make it sound like she's dying, so i'll quickly rush to her, when it's nothing more than her wanting to go out.

What do I do??? I feel so hurt and in a way betrayed cos I thought she's my best friend at least she won't use or abuse me, and it seems like she is :'(

ReputationRep:
    not much of a friend, is she... :erm:

ReputationRep:
    She sounds like a user, i.e. selfish.

If you've really tried talking to her about it and she hasn't changed, just stop hanging out with her/listening to her. Poor you, you deserve better :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    she is jealous, people like her always want more and more and more

she obviously feels she doesnt have something you have.

ReputationRep:
    i'd say start being strong and stick up for yourself. why would you allow yourself to bre treated that way, im sure your 'friend' is just a snob who cant appreciate you for who you are and can't realise how good of a friend you are. be strong and stick up for yourself, tell her what you dont like about her and tell her to treat you with respect you expect from her.

ReputationRep:
    I came in here expecting to write 'she wants your cawk', but you seem to be a girl.

I now conclude she's a lesbian and wants to make a 'home movie' with you.

ReputationRep:
    Your her ***** basically.

ReputationRep:
    You're getting used like a tool. Time to fight back.

Thankyou guys, she's the only person I have and she's like a sister to me, so it really hurts letting her go and I don't want to but I don't understand why you would be so mean to someone who has nothing compared to you.

She can't be jealous, cos as I said she has everything, then why? Why does she do it?
    She makes remarks like "ohh yeah as if there's any guys waiting for you", and it's mostly to do with guys, or my looks..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thankyou guys, she's the only person I have and she's like a sister to me, so it really hurts letting her go and I don't want to but I don't understand why you would be so mean to someone who has nothing compared to you.

She can't be jealous, cos as I said she has everything, then why? Why does she do it?
    She makes remarks like "ohh yeah as if there's any guys waiting for you", and it's mostly to do with guys, or my looks..
    She's probably more insecure and jealous than you think.

As for her being "the only person you have", well I'm sure if you have any self respect at all you'd rather be alone than with someone who constantly demeans you...right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

I have this bad feeling she's hanging with you to make herself feel successful and attractive.

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like she's putting you down to make herself feel better. She probably has low self-esteem.

If you do still value her friendship, explain how she's making you feel and make sure she knows you're serious.

If not, just stop letting her take advantage and move on; you can get a better friend than her.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 16, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.