Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Higher fees. What's the problem? Not all as it seems? Watch

ReputationRep:
    It seems to me that after reading the reform as well as the Browne Report that fees rising is a good thing.

However loads of people still insist that the rich benefit and the poor are knackered when the reform seems to suggest otherwise.

Why do people insist that the reform is unfair? If there is a good reason please tell me because after actually reading through the reform I think it's hard to find one. What are the main arguments against the reform?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Because the NUS has made it their life mission to spread massive disinformation

ReputationRep:
    The main one is that somone born august 31st 1993 pays over £15000 less than another who was born just a day later.

If the measures were introduced gradually, eg. £1000 higher each year there would be a lot less opposition.

ReputationRep:
    Because they are making us pay more to reduce the deficit, while insisting that they are giving us more money which will not help the deficit. And why is it assumed that any education past the age of 18 is elitist, how long till you have to get a loan to pay for sixth form? And basically i dont see it as worth it anymore, some weeks i get 3 hours of lectures...thats not worth 9 grand. Reform university system etc, THEN decided what they should cost. Not the other way around otherwise it will never be done. *vague*

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.