Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Currently on the access course and just have a few questions.

Today a friend asked me for help with his assignment as we both study the same subject. So I helped him but couldn't help wondering afterwards, are assignments marked purely on the assessment criteria?

I think what im trying to say is that if i handed in an assignment and it was roughly an 8/10 and the rest of my class handed there assignments in which were 3/10 id feel certain id get a distinction. My piece of work would be to such a higher standard than my class mates that id would deserve the highest grade.

If, however i handed in my 8/10 and the rest of my class handed in an 8/10 i believe that i would be less likely to get a distinction. My work would not stand out so much and therefore would not be considered so strong although the 2 assignments are identical.

Now im aware that the official line is that all assignments are marked independently and this would not be the case, but I cant help but feel there is some truth to it.

Any opinions/thoughts?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.