Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering what people think about it. Do you think it's credible/accurate, or just a load of rubbish?

I find it interesting... I've had mine read twice, by two different people, and similar things were said, most of it fairly accurate.

Share your experiences and opinions

ReputationRep:
    Good for picking up girls, tell them what they want to hear, then BAMMMM!!

ReputationRep:
    It's a load of ****. Everything they say can relate to anyone...

(Original post by miss_p)
      Just wondering what people think about it. Do you think it's credible/accurate, or just a load of rubbish?

I find it interesting... I've had mine read twice, by two different people, and similar things were said, most of it fairly accurate.

Share your experiences and opinions
      It can be done, but not because of physical marks on your palm. Your hands are a very personal part of you - the part that does your bidding for the most part - so it's the touch that enables very few people to learn some things about you.

Yes, I have been read. The woman told me things about myself I've never told anyone, and addressed some of my most troublesome issues. All she did was take my hand in hers.

ReputationRep:
      When I was 8 I used to pretend to be able to read other kids palms on the bus. 50p a shot, easy money.

ReputationRep:
      I'm not really sure on this. Part of me wants to say its all rubbish but someone once told me I had a good life line on my hand or something like that, so i'll stay hopeful.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by amsie/)
      It's a load of ****. Everything they say can relate to anyone...
      This. It's like any psychic reading, they say stuff vague enough so everyone can relate to it, and believe it. Like "You've had some bad news recently, blah blah" - everyone can relate to this, and most people believe this rubbish.

ReputationRep:
      I think it is bull tbh.

ReputationRep:
      I'm very skeptical about it, but I suppose I shouldn't rule it out out of hand.

ReputationRep:
      I did it for the first time a week ago in Covent Garden (& the guy also gave me a nail health check)
      He seemed pretty accurate, not sure about the "star quality" in me, but everything else he said was spot on. Plus he gave me a good love advice too
      although according to him, I have 9 travel lines (I do travel quite a lot though).

ReputationRep:
      Complete bull****.

ReputationRep:
      Anyone who thinks it's real should look up the saying about the fool and his money...

ReputationRep:
      Google "Cold Reading" add in research and acting and you have on of the greatest scams of all time.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Torrchy)
      I did it for the first time a week ago in Covent Garden (& the guy also gave me a nail health check)
      He seemed pretty accurate, not sure about the "star quality" in me, but everything else he said was spot on. Plus he gave me a good love advice too
      although according to him, I have 9 travel lines (I do travel quite a lot though).
      Out of interest other than the things you think he was right about; What else did he say?

It's about as viable as slamming a revolving door.

ReputationRep:
        I was a bit sceptical about it at first, but theres some cool videos about it on youtube.

this one is pretty cool: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK2tWVj6lXw

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
      Useful resources
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.