Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

One night stand- is he getting emotionally attatched? Watch

At a party last Friday I was talking to a guy all night. We instantly clicked and there was a lot of flirting. We were the last two at the party (after the main party in the union we went to some halls of residence) and when we left, he asked how I got home. When I said by bus, he said I was free to stay at his and added "Don't worry, I won't get fresh with you" though it was obvious what was going to happen. Because he'd said this I first slept over at the other side of the bed in case he actually felt uncomfortable. Then he said I could sleep on his side of the bed. At first we just sort of lay there (was an awkward moment) then he put his arms around me and I reciprocated yeah... it went from there. The thing is, he seemed quite nervous and he's in the year below me (i.e. first year) so I don't think he's quite used to the one night stand thing and seemed a little hesitant at first. Then in the morning, we had sex again and when I said eventually I had to go he told me to stay which I've never really had from a one night stand before, usually it's drunk and at night then in the morning they want you out.

We didn't really speak the entire week, though I noticed him staring a few times when I saw him and at one point he was watching me across the room, and at first looked away then looked back again and sort of smiled. Last night, he started talking to me at the bar and later he asked if I was going out after the bar closed. When I got home, he started talking to me on facebook and we were talking for 3 hours (I was a bit drunk, he was sober) and he stayed talking until about 4am despite having a 9am lecture he wanted to go to (his excuse was that he was "rebelling against the force of early lectures" but my friend's opinion was that he wouldn't have stayed up so late if it wasn't for the fact he was speaking to me). He just kept saying things I thought were a bit flirty, such as when I mentioned that my room was freezing he said I was welcome to come around to his, and after I mentioned it was my birthday on saturday, and later asked what he was up to the rest of the week he said "possibly seeing you for your birthday on saturday?" and then when he was saying goodbye he said "see you soon I hope".

I've never really had to deal with a one night stand getting emotionally attatched before, usually it's me who gets emotionally attached, and I don't know whether I'm reading too much into it. We've been talking a lot today as well. I quite like him, but I don't want to jump into anything in case I'm being led on, or in case I'm not ready and I end up leading him on.

Any insight?

(Original post by Dirac Delta Function)
    You're a slut.
    Hope that helps.
    You're clearly either:

a) not at uni
    b) a virgin
    c) not getting any.

ReputationRep:
    Itt:
    TOOT TOOT
    TOOT TOOT
    TOOT TOOT
    TOOT TOOT
    SEXUAL REACTIONARIES BRIGADE COMING THROUGH
    TOOT TOOT

OK, everyone sending things such as "you're a slut" get a life and get some perspective. This kind of thing happens all the time, not everyone who does it is a slut- if they do it every time they go out then yeah. But in my life I've slept with 3 guys in total. I've done sexual stuff with a few more guys and yeah some of them were one night stands, but I'm not exactly a slut. Maybe compared to a 16 year old or someone celibate but not compared to some of the real ****s out there.

PS I'm 20 and in my second year at uni so only having ever slept with 3 people is quite impressive compared to a lot of people my age.

ReputationRep:
    EVERYBODY STAND BACK, a nerve has been struck. Calling other girls ****s isn't strengthening your argument that it's aight to sleep around. I'm not a law student but I would advise that the 'there's nothing wrong with consensual casual sex' defense has more mileage with this jury than the 'other girls are ****s, I'm just a bit of a go-er' manouvre. Did you delete the posts that were in this thread earlier by the way?

ReputationRep:
    I've been in a similar situation. I was linking a guy for a bit and after two weeks he told me he loved me. I just ignored him and never heard or saw him again. Do what i did, just ignore him, delete him off fb, block his num etc.

ReputationRep:
    Well, men do actually fall for girls as well, you know... just let him down gently and it would probably be a good idea not to **** this one again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Any insight?
    If hes getting emotionally attached after ONE night, he fails at being a lad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BambieWambie)
    I've been in a similar situation. I was linking a guy for a bit and after two weeks he told me he loved me. I just ignored him and never heard or saw him again. Do what i did, just ignore him, delete him off fb, block his num etc.
    Lol, what a *****

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh I hate when this happens.
    I have no advice for you.
    I'm still trying to get rid of my summer 'holiday romance' i.e. was meant to end when I went home. Urgh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JCC-MGS)
    EVERYBODY STAND BACK, a nerve has been struck. Calling other girls ****s isn't strengthening your argument that it's aight to sleep around. I'm not a law student but I would advise that the 'there's nothing wrong with consensual casual sex' defense has more mileage with this jury than the 'other girls are ****s, I'm just a bit of a go-er' manouvre. Did you delete the posts that were in this thread earlier by the way?

haha you're well cool

ReputationRep:
    You're clearly either:

a) not at uni
    b) a virgin
    c) not getting any.
    a) I am
    b) am not
    c) not on the pull.

(Original post by JCC-MGS)
    I'm not calling other girls ****s. I live with a girl who has slept with 6 people in the last 4 weeks. I'm in no position to judge, however it's fair to say that I'm hardly as bad as many.

I don't believe there's anything wrong with casual sex anyway, so the posts saying "****" is ridiculous. And actually in the uni environment I'm in it's almost congratulated. I'm at medical school. I play a sport. I know a lot of rugby guys.

I'll say no more.

(Original post by Arekkusu)
    Well, men do actually fall for girls as well, you know... just let him down gently and it would probably be a good idea not to **** this one again.
    I actually think I might quite like him, I'm just not sure yet. I don't know him well enough and recently got quite a big smack in the face by someone I was dating (and didn't actually sleep with, FYI, so I didn't deserve it).

I'm definitely not the type who will delete him off facebook and block his number, that's crazy harsh. I'm at least civil with people I might have had a ONS with in the past.

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean smack in the face metaphorically or literally why did he do that? Well if you like him then maybe go on a few dates but don't get your hopes up and then you won't be let down if he is just after more sex. If he was relatively shy then he prob does want more from you and maybe as a girl you would welcome a relationship.

You're clearly either:

a) not at uni
      b) a virgin
      c) not getting any.
      I think you'll find that most single people at uni aren't quite so flipant about one night stands as you.

Alot of people have had them - myself included, but its safe to say a true one nighter is the exception rather than the rule at university.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Jamie)
      I think you'll find that most single people at uni aren't quite so flipant about one night stands as you.

Alot of people have had them - myself included, but its safe to say a true one nighter is the exception rather than the rule at university.
      Had a one night stand with my professor in Uni..she was smoking hot, but we both agreed to stop seeing each other because of the complexities that comes with Teacher-student relationships....

ReputationRep:
      I actually think I might quite like him, I'm just not sure yet. I don't know him well enough and recently got quite a big smack in the face by someone I was dating (and didn't actually sleep with, FYI, so I didn't deserve it).

I'm definitely not the type who will delete him off facebook and block his number, that's crazy harsh. I'm at least civil with people I might have had a ONS with in the past.
      dont worry sweetie you are not a ****....( I hope).......Although I really dont condone one-night stands for young girls, it is really your choice.....if professors can have one-night stands with students, I reckon, it is "okay" then..

PS: Hope he wore a condom.....

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Dirac Delta Function)
      a) I am
      b) am not
      c) not on the pull.

If your single, and a guy.. then your always on the pull.

Oh, and I decided to fix the code in your sig.
      Code:
      if (OP != troll) {
      then
       {life.exit();}
      else
       {throw EpicThreadFailException();}
      }

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 17, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.