Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What Are My Prospects (USA student) for getting into prestigous UK universities Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I am an American high school student looking at going to university abroad, potentially in the UK. I am interested in majoring in history and would like advice on which schools in your country offer the best programs for this subject. In additon, from what I have gathered from my own research, the main factors in the admission of Americans is based on SAT and SAT II scores as well as the rigor of ones schedule such as the number and score of Advanced Placement exams, IB, etc (If you could add to this list, that would be great). Anyway, I am an abitious, hardworking student and will have the following AP classes completed by the end of my senior year:

AP World History; AP United States History; AP European History; AP Art History; AP Human Geography; AP Comparative Government & Politics; AP United States Government; AP Microeconomics; AP Macroeconomics; AP English Language; AP English Literature; AP Environmental Science; AP Biology; AP Psychology; AP Statistics

I expect to get an 70-30% 5-4 score range with 3's in maybe 3 of the aforementioned classes. In addition to academics, I am politically connected on all levels in the USA and have done a great deal of humantarian work, not to mention extracurrricular involvement in school organizations. I feel like I have what it takes, but I would like to open it up to you to try to get a feel for where I should concentrate my efforts in regards to getting into high level schools and programs within the UK. Thanks everybody! Connor

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.