Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Was he making this up to get me into bed? Watch

I was really drunk in town, before coming home from uni for the Christmas break. I met this guy from Sussex university. I went back to his flat with him and he seemed a bit awkward shy, and told me he was tired and was probably going to bed.. it was like 4am. After a while he went to turn the light off and THEN started kissing me. Firstly why would he turn the light off and then come on to me? But.. anyway, he said to me you are beautiful... why don't you have a boyfriend? (he sounded quite serious ) and then I THINK I said something like why do you think that? and then he replied have you not seen yourself?.... then in the morning it was really awkward. ( This was after we had had sex) and he didn't speak to me really he looked rather embaressed. Do you think he was just making up flattering stuff just to get me into bed?

*a bit awkward and shy

ReputationRep:
    I highly doubt you're the most stunning girl he's ever seen, every compliment is a form of manipulation in a way. Honest to God, girl, he ****ed you, he must genuinely think you're hot.

ReputationRep:
    he was trying to find a nice way to show you the door. Sorry luv

ReputationRep:
    Yes. And you fell for it.

Also:

LAD.

ReputationRep:
    he might be really self-confident. its a bit straight he tells you you are beautiful when the lights are off though haha. you might of been his first time or the first time hes had sex in a while or something. have you spoke to him recently?

ReputationRep:
    well if he didn't ask for your number he probably was... or you were just really bad : /

ReputationRep:
    Did he *** really quickly? Did he have a tiny penis? Are you actually a munter?

These are the sorts of question I hope you asked yourself before making this thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Do you think he was just making up flattering stuff just to get me into bed?
    Well he probably does think you are good looking (guys don't generally sleep with girls they find ugly), but he might not want to take it any further than a ONS. By the sounds of it he sounds totally inexperienced (as do you) hence the awkwardness the morning after. I wouldn't take it personally, but one night stands do often end up like this, so if it didn't feel right, don't do it again.

ReputationRep:
    They all say that.

No I haven't spoken to him, I didn't get his number.. he looked a bit awkward when we got in and didn't sound very drunk either, he was just like I'm really tired... and then came on to me with the lights off

ReputationRep:
    I've seriously got to get better at lying

ReputationRep:
    Ah, yet another anon fail. Seriously, the number of anon posters who then reply to their own threads...

No but he tried to finger me.. and he did seem a bit inexperienced.. he mentioned having slept with an ex girlfriend, and I've only slept with my ex myself.. but yeah :[

ReputationRep:
    Naaaaah you don't say.

ReputationRep:
    maybe he just didn't have a paper bag

ReputationRep:
    Yep you just got ****ed over lol, anyway no harm in it really. You both got laid, i don't see the problem. Although i have never been laid or close to a girls vj lol, but this guy is a player!

ReputationRep:
    You're asking us if he genuinely thought you were beautiful? How the **** are we supposed to know? Obviously he was trying to get you into bed though - you're a random person he met in town who came back to his flat. IMO if you go back to a stranger's flat alone after a night out you're probably not going to check out the decor.

ReputationRep:
    And you fell for THAT?

Ahh some girls are soooo STUPID.

ANYONE can call you beautiful when his trying to get in your pants then dump you.

He recognised you were gullible and took advantage of that.

The fact that one single boy giving you complements was enough for you to drop your pants is a sign of insecurity.

ReputationRep:
    OP, you didn't enjoy the experience at all? then don't see him and forget about it

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 17, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.