Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Right, so I'm assuming all applicants were given access to the Nottingham undergraduate intranet portal where you can book visit days to your department?

I got my offer today (over the moon :3) and was just wondering if anyone knows whether the visit days are worth it, or whether you only really need to go if you're invited (I don't really know if people are invited though.. haha).

I went to the open day and visited the talks on my subject - will the visit day be pretty much the same thing or a little different?

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miahrose)
    Right, so I'm assuming all applicants were given access to the Nottingham undergraduate intranet portal where you can book visit days to your department?

I got my offer today (over the moon :3) and was just wondering if anyone knows whether the visit days are worth it, or whether you only really need to go if you're invited (I don't really know if people are invited though.. haha).

I went to the open day and visited the talks on my subject - will the visit day be pretty much the same thing or a little different?

Cheers
    Erm, there were group informal chats and such. A lot of things will be the same, but the days are aimed at people who have received offers, so let you get to know people, fellow students, way around and such. I've helped out with them, but didn't go to the one I was invited to.

Which subject though, as they do vary?

If you're attending one in January for CompSci, I should be there *nods*

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was pretty good last year.
    They showed you around the campus and you get to try food in hall.
    Meeting people who might be going there is always useful to get the feel of the uni.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, undecided whether I'll go.. I'm super strapped for cash at the moment so could do without the train fares. But then again, it may well end up being my firm..

(Original post by DarkWhite)
    Which subject though, as they do vary?
    Classical Civilisation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miahrose)
    Hmm, undecided whether I'll go.. I'm super strapped for cash at the moment so could do without the train fares. But then again, it may well end up being my firm..

Classical Civilisation
    I can't comment on specific subject then, but I mean, people on my course have hardly mentioned the Visit Day, and I appear to be coping fine, so I wouldn't worry if you don't fancy going

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.