Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I go home from uni tomorrow, what should I do? Watch

Anon or delete please.

OK, so there's this girl I go to uni with who I really like. I've been speaking to her quite a lot over the past month, but the problem is I don't know how to tell her how I feel. For the past two nights I've walked home with her, probably the perfect opportunities, but I've just found it physically impossible to tell her how I feel about her. Even if she doesn't like me in the same way, I still want to get this off my chest and tell her I like her.

But now I'm going home for uni tomorrow, and I probably won't see her for a month. I feel like I should try once again at telling her tomorrow, but I can't think of an excuse to see her. Would it be better to just wait a month before attempting to tell her how I feel when uni starts again, letting it eat away at me in the meantime, or is telling her how I feel over like a facebook message, text, or phonecall a viable option?

I know I'm pathetic, and I loathe myself for it. Any replies would be much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Why don't when you are walking her back just pop the question.

"Wanna be my girlfriend?"

And i suggest you wait over the holidays, dont use facebook or a text or any kind of messaging service.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    but I've just found it physically impossible to tell her how I feel about her
    Locked jaw? Try writing it down.

ReputationRep:
    I would just approach it head on - text her asking her to meet you somewhere & then ask her out/tell her how you feel...if it goes belly up, you have the holidays to get over any embarassment

(Original post by Andrejispanickin)
    Why don't when you are walking her back just pop the question.

"Wanna be my girlfriend?"

And i suggest you wait over the holidays, dont use facebook or a text or any kind of messaging service.
    I wish it was that easy, but I am a pathetic human being who could only have such confidence in my wildest dreams.

(Original post by Anoodles)
    I would just approach it head on - text her asking her to meet you somewhere & then ask her out/tell her how you feel...if it goes belly up, you have the holidays to get over any embarassment
    Wouldn't you kind of feel weirded out if you got a text saying "meet me *insert place here*"? What else would I say in the text?

ReputationRep:
    Do you flirt at all? If so you think that she is giving you positive signals back? I would ask her if she'd like to go for a coffee/lunch tomorrow casually and you could explain your feelings to her over that. Bear in mind if she has no idea that you like her it could be a bit of a shock. If you think that's the case try and stick it out over holidays but keep interest up by continuing chatting on FB/whatever of course. I would avoid saying "I like you" etc. anywhere but face to face, definitely not in text.

ReputationRep:
    walk up to her, slap her across the face and say "your mine *****!"

I jest. Domestic violence isnt fun kids!

Just man up, and say to her something like "you know, i think im going to miss you over the holidays..."

ANON/DELETE- Related to my recent thread

Definetly do it face to face. I am in the same exact position but I am a girl. Its going to be sooo hard to wait until after the holidays, trust me! With my guy I only see him once a week in lectures as it is.

ReputationRep:
    Anon or delete please.

OK, so there's this girl I go to uni with who I really like. I've been speaking to her quite a lot over the past month, but the problem is I don't know how to tell her how I feel. For the past two nights I've walked home with her, probably the perfect opportunities, but I've just found it physically impossible to tell her how I feel about her. Even if she doesn't like me in the same way, I still want to get this off my chest and tell her I like her.

But now I'm going home for uni tomorrow, and I probably won't see her for a month. I feel like I should try once again at telling her tomorrow, but I can't think of an excuse to see her. Would it be better to just wait a month before attempting to tell her how I feel when uni starts again, letting it eat away at me in the meantime, or is telling her how I feel over like a facebook message, text, or phonecall a viable option?

I know I'm pathetic, and I loathe myself for it. Any replies would be much appreciated.
    Dude, just wait until next semester. I'm in the same situation.

Also, never tell a woman how you feel. It'll make everything awkward, and you'll be plunged head-first into the friend zone.

You need to be cocky and funny, maintaining and air of confidence and scarcity. Don't always be available, and walk like you're Brad Pitt.

ReputationRep:
    The easiest way you could do it is to be really nice to her.
    And ask her out really casually , like: " Oh im hungry/have you tasted blah blah.......(...).... Want to go get lunch/coffee/a sandwich..(...)... tomorrow/in a bit/ next week"
    Its so simple an indirect yet direct. Get me ? :smug:

ReputationRep:
    Tell her face to face. Perhaps take some mistletoe to start off the kiss, given it's the festive season and all.

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't you kind of feel weirded out if you got a text saying "meet me *insert place here*"? What else would I say in the text?
    Hmmm, just try text her saying can we meet for coffee at *blahblah* tommorow - I have something I want to tell you.

^^ very obvious, so if she says she's busy...well it's a good indication she's not interested anyway.

Or rephrase it to, something I want to run by you, something I want your opinion on, something I need to say - take your pick . I think you're building it up too much in your head OP.

ReputationRep:
    Follow these steps

http://memegenerator.net/Old-Spice-G...WE-HAVE-2-KIDS - Say that

Then, this

http://memegenerator.net/Old-Spice-G...M-IN-A-CHARIOT

(Original post by Inversion)
    Do you flirt at all? If so you think that she is giving you positive signals back? I would ask her if she'd like to go for a coffee/lunch tomorrow casually and you could explain your feelings to her over that. Bear in mind if she has no idea that you like her it could be a bit of a shock. If you think that's the case try and stick it out over holidays but keep interest up by continuing chatting on FB/whatever of course. I would avoid saying "I like you" etc. anywhere but face to face, definitely not in text.
    I don't really know if we flirt, but I think we have some great conversations, always making each other laugh etc. She probably knows I like her, I've made typical gestures such as offering her my jacket, my seat, holding doors for her, complimenting her etc.

I feel like these holidays will be rather painful if I have this weight bearing down on me. It is possible that I may be able to see her over them, but I have the feeling I still won't have the courage to tell her I like her.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, just try text her saying can we meet for coffee at *blahblah* tommorow - I have something I want to tell you.

^^ very obvious, so if she says she's busy...well it's a good indication she's not interested anyway.

Or rephrase it to, something I want to run by you, something I want your opinion on, something I need to say - take your pick . I think you're building it up too much in your head OP.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 17, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.