Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Really angry and upset... what to do? Watch

Anon please because it's a bit embarrassing

So the more I think about it, the angrier I get. Mostly angry at myself for falling for such an arrogant tool and angry AT him also.

So the story goes there’s a guy at work and I didn’t really notice him before as he was always a bit standoffish and didn’t work in my department so we never really had a chance to chat, apart from the occasional “how are you?” just to be polite really.

So recently we’ve been chatting more and I started liking him and flirting with him constantly. And I know when I really like a guy because I start dreaming about him (sad!) and lo and behold I soon was.

We saw each other everyday because he started coming in to work on days that he didn’t usually and I just started getting really comfortable with him. I thought he liked me too because he would always remember little details of our conversations (I guess it was stupid of me to assume on my part) but he was flirting with me too… you know always touching finding excuses to hug (but maybe he’s just being friendly??? )

Anyways there’s this work party soon that I’m going to be going to for Christmas and I asked if he was going and he was being all coy saying “maybe”. So I was really excited to finally have a chance to see him out of work where we could have a real conversation and see if things could develop and I kind of overheard a conversation he was having with another guy which made me !!!!

He obviously didn’t know I was there because I was behind an isle so he couldn’t see me, but I could hear him.

One guy said “bring your girlfriend” to which my reaction was :O because he never let on that he had a girlfriend, but then again I never asked…

To which he replied “why would I wanna bring the old one when I can find a new one at the party?” (something along those lines anyways)

My mood was just so foul after then I felt like such a mug! Still do!!

That was the end of my day nearly and he kept trying to catch my attention, but I pretended I didn’t see him, then as I was going into a room and he was coming out, he did that blocking-the-door so I couldn’t get in thing, so I said “move!” as I was in a rush and he laughed…

Anyways this whole thing has really thrown me and has made me feel so stupid and like such a little girl, because he probably sees me as a child (I’m 19 and he’s 25).

So my plan is to obviously go to the party, but make myself look really amazing and just have a laugh with my work mates but totally ignore the hell out of him and make him feel as about as small as I’m feeling right now. Whenever I think of that stupid conversation he had, it just infuriates me even more! And I feel so stupid when I think about how I fell for him so easily! Why does every guy **** me over? Are there ANY nice genuine guys out there?

What shall I do? Even thinking about it now makes me cringe...

ReputationRep:
    The fact that your planning to look amazing and make him jealous shows your hurting.

We've all been there.

His a player and a cheat.

Forget him.

New year in 2 weeks you can't have scum like him bugging you.

xoxo

ReputationRep:
    Find any excuse to ''accidentally'' slap him ASAP.

It helps I promise.

(Original post by ithoughtofthis)
    Find any excuse to ''accidentally'' slap him ASAP.

It helps I promise.
    haha! I'll try

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    One guy said “bring your girlfriend” to which my reaction was :O because he never let on that he had a girlfriend, but then again I never asked…

To which he replied “why would I wanna bring the old one when I can find a new one at the party?” (something along those lines anyways)

My mood was just so foul after then I felt like such a mug! Still do!!

That was the end of my day nearly and he kept trying to catch my attention, but I
    So my plan is to obviously go to the party, but make myself look really amazing and just have a laugh with my work mates but totally ignore the hell out of him and make him feel as about as small as I’m feeling right now. Whenever I think of that stupid conversation he had, it just infuriates me even more! And I feel so stupid when I think about how I fell for him so easily! Why does every guy **** me over? Are there ANY nice genuine guys out there?
    That sounds like a great plan!

There's a chance that you may have misunderstood the conversation between the two of them as the person he was talking to might not be aware of you. Maybe the ‘old one’ is someone you are not aware of. You just may be the 'new girlfriend' he plans on finding at the party.

That said I would make him chase the hell out of you at the party before I would consider giving an inch on the position you have taken.

And yes there are genuine nice guys out there.

Best Wishes

ReputationRep:
    flick yourself off and relax

ReputationRep:
    he sounds like a typical boy :rolleyes: just forget about him he isnt worth it. xx

ReputationRep:
    He sounds like a 'playa'! He know where all da party at!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by importedbleach)
    he sounds like a typical boy :rolleyes: just forget about him he isnt worth it. xx

So, your view of a "typical boy" is a debauched, licentious cheat?

If so, then, you clearly have a warped view of men...

ReputationRep:
    Well, think of the positives. Who'd want a boyfriend like him? Feel sorry for his girlfriend. Also, thank your lucky stars you overheard that conversation, because if you hadn't, he could have reeled you in and then you'd have found out that he's got a girlfriend. The more involved you would have got, the more it would have hurt to find out.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a ********, just avoid him.

Also just so you know, if i was in a relationship and the girl told me she dreams about me. It would be hoooooot. Not sad.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    that horrible for you and his girlfriend buuuut at least youre not in that relationship
    its clear that youre hurt so maybe not go to that party cos all youll think about that night is him and if hes noticed you esp if youve made such an effort! of course its up to you tho, and he does deserve to be tortured but i promise you not all guys are lying, cheating dicks! just gotta keep looking!
    • TSR Support Team

I think people are being harsh on the guy, he is just being friendly, I mean come on is he not allowed to hug his friends. I hug my friends and my girlfriend don't have a problem with it. Maybe he just didn't know you well enough to tell you more about his personal life.

(Original post by trooper6)
    That sounds like a great plan!

There's a chance that you may have misunderstood the conversation between the two of them as the person he was talking to might not be aware of you. Maybe the ‘old one’ is someone you are not aware of. You just may be the 'new girlfriend' he plans on finding at the party.

That said I would make him chase the hell out of you at the party before I would consider giving an inch on the position you have taken.

And yes there are genuine nice guys out there.

Best Wishes
    I doubt it very much!

(Original post by Climbontoyourseahorse)
    Well, think of the positives. Who'd want a boyfriend like him? Feel sorry for his girlfriend. Also, thank your lucky stars you overheard that conversation, because if you hadn't, he could have reeled you in and then you'd have found out that he's got a girlfriend. The more involved you would have got, the more it would have hurt to find out.
    I know i'm so glad in a way that I did overhear, before I ended up doing something I really would have regretted later on...

(Original post by Knighted)
    Sounds like a ********, just avoid him.

Also just so you know, if i was in a relationship and the girl told me she dreams about me. It would be hoooooot. Not sad.

(Original post by Jellybean91)
    that horrible for you and his girlfriend buuuut at least youre not in that relationship
    its clear that youre hurt so maybe not go to that party cos all youll think about that night is him and if hes noticed you esp if youve made such an effort! of course its up to you tho, and he does deserve to be tortured but i promise you not all guys are lying, cheating dicks! just gotta keep looking!
    Hopefully!

(Original post by Rock Fan)
    I think people are being harsh on the guy, he is just being friendly, I mean come on is he not allowed to hug his friends. I hug my friends and my girlfriend don't have a problem with it. Maybe he just didn't know you well enough to tell you more about his personal life.
    That's what I was afraid of, that he was just being genuine... but I know when guys are flirting, hugging and stuff aside, it was blatant.... oh well
    • TSR Support Team

Maybe the fact also he didn't say he had a girlfriend, maybe he was worried about hurting you, obviously the worst thing to do is not say anything but at the same time maybe he was worried.

(Original post by Rock Fan)
    Maybe the fact also he didn't say he had a girlfriend, maybe he was worried about hurting you, obviously the worst thing to do is not say anything but at the same time maybe he was worried.
    I honestly think he was just looking for a bit on the side... whenever I asked him what he was getting up to on his day off he always replied with "nothing", surely he should have at least mentioned that he was going to be seeing his girlfriend or something, what's the point in lying?
    If he had told me that he had a girlfriend, I wouldn't have been that angry, but it's the fact that he made himself out to be such a "player" to his guy mates, yet to me he acts so sweet and shy (I guess this different side to him kinda shocked me)

Sorry for giving you an earful, but I'm just trying to make myself hate him as it's the only way I can get over him

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 17, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.