The Student Room Group

People who smoke + have tattoos/piercings are most promiscuous

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by alharrison4
I'm getting rather bored of saying 'Generalisation much?' and explaining why the OP's assumption is wrong on threads like these :/

and i'm getting bored of saying i'm not generalising, if you would kindly read the first two sentences of my opening post. i know it doesnt apply to everyone. its safe to say that (at least according to my own experiences) it applies to most people.

now please, for people it doesn't apply to, stop trying to attack me with your claim that i'm generalising, because i am not.
Original post by robotwars
and i'm getting bored of saying i'm not generalising, if you would kindly read the first two sentences of my opening post. i know it doesnt apply to everyone. its safe to say that (at least according to my own experiences) it applies to most people.

now please, for people it doesn't apply to, stop trying to attack me with your claim that i'm generalising, because i am not.

I wasn't attacking anyone; you made a thread inviting people to discuss the topic, that's what I was doing.
And I was referring to the title of the thread, which is certainly a generalising statement. In fact, the first two sentences DO generalise. Saying 'it still applies to the majority though' is still making a sweeping assumption, and confusing your opinion and experiences with objective fact.
(edited 13 years ago)
How many of these people have you actually seen have sex? Or are you going off who you think is getting some.

Well its great I banged 2 Swedish sisters last night, and I don't smoke or have any tats, so there you go. I was also doing your Mum while you were writing your OP.
it doesnt apply to absolutely everyone. it does apply to the majority though. i have generally noticed over my life that those who smoke and those who have tattoos and piercings are the most promiscuous i.e. are more sexually liberated, tend to sleep around more, like to flaunt themselves sexually, not too bothered what people think about them being more sexually liberated, tend to go to clubs a lot (with an intention to make out or pull most likely). it applies to both guys and girls.

do other people observe this or is it only me?

how many years have you lived on earth??

Smoking/tattos are usually associated with "rebellion"...However, I would not go as far as making the assertions you have made....the percentages might be higher..however, I doubt if it would be statistically significant......(again, I could be wrong).. I have a tattoo, I love sex....but I am not promiscuous.....:tongue:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by MagicNMedicine
How many of these people have you actually seen have sex? Or are you going off who you think is getting some.

Well its great I banged 2 Swedish sisters last night, and I don't smoke or have any tats, so there you go. I was also doing your Mum while you were writing your OP.

common..sounds a little childish, dont u think?......I really dont think that was necessary....
if you say so,

tattos - yep
smokes - yep
piercing - nope

oh well as meatloaf said - two out of three aint bad
sure, and all immigrants are criminals, all american people are fat, all scottish people are ginger and eat haggis for every meal, and all australians are kangaroo enthusiasts.

get a clue, dip$hit
Original post by Glowy Amoeba
Tattoos and smoke are more symptoms of an underlying personality type than anything.

Actually they're more an indication of the personal choices taken by that person concerning whether they want to smoke or have tattoos/piercings.

Common sense, really.
Reply 28
Original post by Glowy Amoeba
Tattoos and smoke are more symptoms of an underlying personality type than anything.

out of curiosity what do you mean by "underlying personality type"?

As for the OP- I have not found this at all, both myself and my fella smoke, have piercings and tattoos and so do many friends... none are promiscuous. If I was to generalise I would say its the other way round for people I know but my personal opinion is that tattoos, piercings and smoking indicate absolutely nothing about the person- apart from the fact they like piercings, tattoos and smoking!
it doesnt apply to absolutely everyone. it does apply to the majority though. i have generally noticed over my life that those who smoke and those who have tattoos and piercings are the most promiscuous i.e. are more sexually liberated, tend to sleep around more, like to flaunt themselves sexually, not too bothered what people think about them being more sexually liberated, tend to go to clubs a lot (with an intention to make out or pull most likely). it applies to both guys and girls.

Back that up with data.
I was half expecting a DM article. :erm:
Reply 31
Well smoking and tattoos can be seen as an act of rebellion, so if they do smoke and have tattoos having plenty of sex is hardly going to phase them, and they're not worried about appearing to be a slut.

It's usually the extroverts who smoke and get tattoos, and very few extroverts I've met have been reserved about sex.
(edited 13 years ago)

I have nine piercings in each ear, my nose pierced and I used to have my belly button done as well. I smoke. I have two tattoos.

I am however not promiscuous in the slightest. :dontknow:
Original post by TheGardener
sure, and all immigrants are criminals, all american people are fat, all scottish people are ginger and eat haggis for every meal, and all australians are kangaroo enthusiasts.

get a clue, dip$hit

You are my religion. Please have my babies.
Original post by ~ Purple Rose ~
I have nine piercings in each ear, my nose pierced and I used to have my belly button done as well. I smoke. I have two tattoos.

I am however not promiscuous in the slightest. :dontknow:

Rate Jonathan Davis out of 10.
Oh crap, am i the only one who doesn't smoke/have a tattoo/don't like sex here? I must be in the wrong thread. :nah:
This is common sense.

*******s.

I happen to hang around a fairly mixed group of people, all from different backgrounds and 'cliques' - with many of them sporting body mod and vice versa.

And that does not apply at all.

You really must be ignorant if you believe that. Or trolling.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 38
Original post by wtfCharlie
Sometimes.

However I'm 15, with 4 piercings and 2 tattoos and I've never done ANYTHING. So, :P

Except get tattooed underage?
:wink:
Unless they've got a tattoo saying "EASY" above their arsecheeks, you can be pretty certain that people who smoke or with tattoos and piercings, are no more promiscuous than the rest of society.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending