Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ok so i thought id post this here so i would get the best response!!

right i have stretch marks on my arms, boobs, my sides, thighs .... they are white not bright red thank gawd but im so ashamed about them

when i go out i always wear fake tan on my arms if im wearin a top that means i have to but .. im a medium-large build and i go horse riding so from riding and doin yard work my arms have muscle but are big aswell so are my legs ! i get told i have lovely legs all the time but i guess i dont find my body attractive with them.

i know people get them naturally when they are growing up but i was on the pill for nearly 4 years and there is a amount of weight gain with it and i eat right but id say im cuvry ... but im just wondering how much would this affect other girls ? and what do lads think about them ?

ReputationRep:
    I have them too. All of my girl friends who went horse riding did. We think theres a correlation...

I'm not a fan of them, but I live with them. I guess I think that if whoever I am with doesnt just accept them as part of me, then its his loss. Noone has a perfect body, and most people know this. Just relax about them and learn to live with them. Its about all you can do.

ReputationRep:
    Stretch marks look good on a big booty! You got big boobs too?

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, don't worry about stretch marks! Me, or any guy that I know have never said "Check her out, shame about the stretch marks". :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much everyone has stretch marks, it really doesn't matter.

ReputationRep:
    I've never known anyone to be put off by stretch marks tbh.

You should check out my mate who has been bulking up A LOT in the gym. His arms look like they have been attacked by a machete.

ReputationRep:
    I have quite a lot of stretch marks on the tops of my thighs/legs, but I don't tend to think about them that much and they have never bothered my boyfriend - they're not that big a deal really, it's jsut something that happens to everyone, or most people anyway in some place or another.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

right i have stretch marks on my arms, boobs, my sides, thighs .... they are white not bright red thank gawd but im so ashamed about them
    Don't worry about them. If your really worried there are lotions on the market which are known to ease out stretch marks however you should be proud of what you look like and what your body is like. Everyone is beautiful in their own way.

Keep smiling

xx

ReputationRep:
    don't worry about it! I have a few on my boobs, stomach and hips and I don't think my boyfriends even noticed them!

ReputationRep:
    Also, if he is paying attention to your stretch marks, he's doing it wrong :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    I've got some on my ass from when it mysteriously grew pretty large for my frame, but they don't bother me whatsoever. You can barely see them because of my skin tone anyway, my partner has never commented on them and he loves my ass!

I can't stress this enough to you sister, love your body, flaws and all. It's what makes you who you are.

thanks everyone for all your comments you have made me feel more relaxed about the stretch marks ... thank you very much again and im glad to know that everyone seems to have them no matter what shape or size and no one makes a big deal about it towards them

You'd probably be pushed to find many women without stretch marks on them somewhere. Be confident in yourself and you will forget they're there at all. I have faint ones where they have faded but i only ever notice them if I really look at them. Not worth worrying about really.

ReputationRep:
    My gf has them, tbh the first time I knew about it was when she made me aware of it. I was snuggling her and it so happened I ran my hand at where most of her stretch marks were and she got rather upset.

That was almost a year ago and how I found out how a stretch mark looks like

Seriously I much rather see a stretch mark than a tattoo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

when i go out i always wear fake tan on my arms if im wearin a top that means i have to but .. im a medium-large build and i go horse riding so from riding and doin yard work my arms have muscle but are big aswell so are my legs ! i get told i have lovely legs all the time but i guess i dont find my body attractive with them.

i know people get them naturally when they are growing up but i was on the pill for nearly 4 years and there is a amount of weight gain with it and i eat right but id say im cuvry ... but im just wondering how much would this affect other girls ? and what do lads think about them ?
    I have stretch marks everywhere too, and some are pink but they are fading to skin colour. I just think of it like, who cares about the guys who are bothered by stretch marks? The guys you really want to be with are the ones who love you for you Really, the only way to get past the stretch mark thing is to believe that you are beautiful, and that you shine beyond your imperfections x

(Original post by ponpon14)
      I have them too. All of my girl friends who went horse riding did. We think theres a correlation...
      :shock: So that's where they're from, the big *******s.

ReputationRep:
      I have deep ones on my thighs that bug me a tad when I want to wear a binkini etc and a few on my boobs. They used to bother me but now I just cannot be bothered with them; I have far better things to foucs on in my life than a few lines practically everybody has!! My boyfriend finds them funny, not in a nasty way of course he just thinks they feel weird.

Don't worry about them, won't affect sex at all

ReputationRep:
      Don't worry about them, I have some on my legs and my boyfriend has never mentioned them, he might not have even noticed them lol. Seriously, guys don't care, and if you come across one that does... he's not worth your time xx

ReputationRep:
      Don't worry so much, a lot of people have stretch marks - and when it comes to sex, once you get going you'll forget all about your marks.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 21, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.