Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have a BB 9700 with OS6 (had the OS6 for a month or two, it's not a legit copy).

This morning when I woke up, my trackpad wouldn't scroll on the Facebook app. However, everything else was working perfectly. I decided just do a battery pull to fix it - made things worse. Now it wont scroll anywhere except the messages folder. When I scroll down on the main screen, the tray opens as it should. But the top bar still stays highlighted, the "invisible cursor" never actually moves (if that makes sense). The only way I can access my messages folder is by pressing the blackberry button and selecting messages from the little screen that pops up - hoping that messages is already highlighted as it wont scroll there either! Scrolls completely like normal in that folder though :/ and it clicks everywhere just fine.

Anyone know what the source of / solution to my problem is?? It's a really big issue

ReputationRep:
    Probably best to take a backup of everything, reload the software then restore the backup. The leak of OS6 on the 9700 is unstable, hence why it hasn't been released yet!

ReputationRep:
    You use Blackberry Desktop Manager? Tried reverting to a previous back up?

How'd you get OS6 on it? I want OS6 on mine lol

(Original post by a_t)
      How'd you get OS6 on it? I want OS6 on mine lol
      You can install a leaked copy but they're extremely buggy at the moment.

ReputationRep:
      It magically went back to normal a few hours ago :/ Thankfully

I actually don't think the OS had anything to do with it.. that was the first problem I'd had since I got OS 6. It hasn't really been buggy for me

I do have another issue though, if anyone can help - since earlier this week, my phone has been displaying the unread email notification on the home screen. But I don't have an unread email. I've checked all folders and such, but it's not there It's slightly irritating, does anyone know how to get rid of it?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by genevie)
      It magically went back to normal a few hours ago :/ Thankfully

I actually don't think the OS had anything to do with it.. that was the first problem I'd had since I got OS 6. It hasn't really been buggy for me

I do have another issue though, if anyone can help - since earlier this week, my phone has been displaying the unread email notification on the home screen. But I don't have an unread email. I've checked all folders and such, but it's not there It's slightly irritating, does anyone know how to get rid of it?
      If you install software which is not meant for release yet, you will encounter bugs.

ReputationRep:
      anyone know where i can get os 6 for mine bb bold 9700?

(Original post by bengalisoldier)
        Crackberry.com has the leaks posted up.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by bengalisoldier)
        you get rep for sig

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by JakeNielen)
        you get rep for sig

Submit reply
      TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 23, 2010
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
      Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.