Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm still somewhat confused.

So I'm a senior in high school in the US and I'm having problems with two things.

1. Do I need to put what middle school I attended? It says put all schools attended since 11, but I didn't receive any "formal qualifications" from there, so I don't know how relevant it is.

2. Modules!! So I select "USA -High School Graduate Diploma" under formal qualifications, put the date I'll actually receive it, etc. But then there's the options of choosing modules. So does this mean that I put the classes I'm taking? If so, do they mean the classes I've taken for all four years of high school? Or just this year?
    I have a friend from the US studying in London right now and he didn't know what I was talking about when I mentioned the modules to him. Are they necessary?

Thanks for reading all of my frantic questions haha. Any help would be very much appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    1) You should include your middle school as well. It asks you whether you received any formal qualifications and you just put "no". Like you said, you have to include all schools you've attended since age 11, whether you received formal qualifications or not.
    2) Yes, "modules" are the classes you're taking. Basically, if a certain subject is to appear on your final high school transcript (whether you took it only for two years or all throughout high school), then you should include it and add the grade you received (or leave it blank for pending grades). Of course, there's the option of e-mailing universities and asking them how exactly to proceed, but they won't be getting back to you before (mid) January.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your answer! That was very informative.

One more question, if anyone has an answer: if I put all my courses down in the modules, do I still send a transcript? Maybe that just depends on the individual school, since I know I don't send that through UCAS or anything. And I've heard that if I send a transcript then I wait until the school asks me to or at least until after my UCAS app is turned in.

Okay, that's pretty much it in terms of my confusion. Thanks again!

ReputationRep:
    It's unlikely that you'd have to send your transcript along with submitting the UCAS form. If a school wants it for some reason then I'm sure they will contact you. Of course you can contact them first if you're really unsure about it. But the most likely path this process is going to take is this: 1) you fill out your UCAS form and submit it, 2) they will make decisions based on that form (and probably won't ask for any transcripts), 3) you study hard and graduate, 4) you will then let your first choice know you're done with high school and have met the conditions of the offer (this is hopefully how it goes, right ), 5) you will ask them how they'd like to receive proof of your qualifications (AP results, transcripts, etc.), 6) they'll either be happy with e-mailed photocopies or want the originals, either way, you'll send them what they want, 8) if they didn't want originals right away then don't forget to bring them with you to the UK, you'll need them for registration.
    Basically, you will probably not have to send any transcripts or anything until you've graduated and need to prove your results.

ReputationRep:
    Oh okay, great! Thanks a bunch, I feel way better about this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrysanthemum)
    Oh okay, great! Thanks a bunch, I feel way better about this.
    Do you not have AP or SAT II? No UK uni will take you otherwise...

ReputationRep:
    No no I have both APs and SAT IIs. I already entered those in the right areas though. Does that mean I wouldn't have to put modules?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrysanthemum)
    No no I have both APs and SAT IIs. I already entered those in the right areas though. Does that mean I wouldn't have to put modules?
    Okay that don't bother with entering in your classes for your HS degree. Just put in expected graduation date w/ GPA.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.