Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys I was wondering if any of you have used the Lee Stafford Colour hair spray - I think it's called One Night Strand? You can get it from Boots and it comes in a variety of colours. Basically I used to dye my hair 'different' colours all the time using stargazers/manic panic but can't any more because I'm not allowed at work . Does anyone know if the spray is any good? Say I just want to add a streak or two of colour on my days off would this do the job? I remember the colour sprays you got as a kid and they never seemed up to much really so was hoping this might be a bit better! Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foreverplatypus)
    Hi guys I was wondering if any of you have used the Lee Stafford Colour hair spray - I think it's called One Night Strand? You can get it from Boots and it comes in a variety of colours. Basically I used to dye my hair 'different' colours all the time using stargazers/manic panic but can't any more because I'm not allowed at work . Does anyone know if the spray is any good? Say I just want to add a streak or two of colour on my days off would this do the job? I remember the colour sprays you got as a kid and they never seemed up to much really so was hoping this might be a bit better! Thank you
    I have used it and it is great. Firstly, you have to understand that its a spray on colour - so it can't do as much as tradtional colours, but I have found you can actually get pretty realistic colours from both the black and white cans.

It has a slight waxy feel to it when you apply it, so its great for men's hair as you can style with it. The black will give you a genuine black shade, the red can be layered up to create a red. My favourite is the white. I have dark brown hair and if I spray the white into my hair it goes a silvery grey colour that looks really effective.

Only downside is the cans don't last long. I'd say its worth you buying them up and having them at home as they can be great for creating colour effects and they wash out really easily!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScottCornwall)
    I have used it and it is great. Firstly, you have to understand that its a spray on colour - so it can't do as much as tradtional colours, but I have found you can actually get pretty realistic colours from both the black and white cans.

It has a slight waxy feel to it when you apply it, so its great for men's hair as you can style with it. The black will give you a genuine black shade, the red can be layered up to create a red. My favourite is the white. I have dark brown hair and if I spray the white into my hair it goes a silvery grey colour that looks really effective.

Only downside is the cans don't last long. I'd say its worth you buying them up and having them at home as they can be great for creating colour effects and they wash out really easily!
    Thank You for your reply! :-) I might buy a couple of cans and give it a go then. I wasn't really looking to achieve an all over colour so it sounds like it'll work for a few streaks. I'm just a bit worried it'll run like mad if I accidently get my hair wet!

ReputationRep:
    Its quite waxy so it shouldn't be too bad. I have never had problems with it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.