Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have offers from the following:- Southampton,
    Royal Holloway
    Leeds
    City Uni
    Queen Mary
    I would like to do an MSC in finance later on (in amore prestigious uni hopefully.) I was originally edging towards city uni or leed because they had more finance options and a placement year. Upon further inspection I saw that most unis will let you take a sandwich course if you have an offer for one after the 2nd year. Therefore Southampton seemed a good chioce.
    I am so confused please help

ReputationRep:
    i would probably choose leeds but only because i would like to go to a big city and the placement year is already arranged etc so i wouldnt have to faff around to get permission etc.

What are you GCSE and A-level grades etc? If you dont mind?

ReputationRep:
    I'd say Southampton and then Leeds. If Southampton has a one grade higher offer then make it your firm over Leeds

Obviously you need to look around all five places to see if you like it, this is more important. Visit open days

ReputationRep:
    Hi thanks for the comments so far, and i'm sorry i should have added my GCSEs and A levels earlier. As= AAAC Eco, French, Maths, Physics (which I dropped.) GCSEs were mainly all As and Bs apart from an A* in french and a C in biology (yeah i wish i worked for my gcses now.)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Visit them all and compare. Atmosphere is far more important than anything else.

ReputationRep:
    would it be possible to change to bsc economics and maths do you think for any of them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .ACS.)
    Visit them all and compare. Atmosphere is far more important than anything else.
    True, but the OP wants a definitive answer which would be Southampton.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thetaxman123)
    would it be possible to change to bsc economics and maths do you think for any of them?
    Perhaps, but why can I ask?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SPMS)
    Perhaps, but why can I ask?
    Well I have really enjoyed maths this year and I feel it would suit me and go well with economics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thetaxman123)
    Well I have really enjoyed maths this year and I feel it would suit me and go well with economics.
    You can get a fair amount of maths in just straight economics you know as well. It will depend on the uni and the amount of spaces they have, but there is no harm in asking once you are there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SPMS)
    You can get a fair amount of maths in just straight economics you know as well. It will depend on the uni and the amount of spaces they have, but there is no harm in asking once you are there.
    Yeah true, do you think I should email them now and ask about any possibilities or just wait until september. Also how would this affect me and my masters of finance application in the future.
    By the way thanks to everyone so far for their helpful comments

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.