Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else been invited to one of the pharmacology open days at Bristol?

I'm booked in for February 16th.

Quite surprised tbh, thought Bristol would be the first to reject me!

ReputationRep:
    Yep though I'm going to try and get out of it since I went last year and didn't find it useful. It's a compulsory open day basically :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by microfatcat)
    Yep though I'm going to try and get out of it since I went last year and didn't find it useful. It's a compulsory open day basically :/
    Did you get an offer last year? I thought it was pretty set that offers would come after.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ½+½)
    Did you get an offer last year? I thought it was pretty set that offers would come after.
    Yeah, I did. Though since I've already been to one I'm hoping they won't make me go to another.

ReputationRep:
    I'm booked for the 16th Feb too so see you guys there!
    I think those who are invited to an open day will recieve an offer right?
    Surely they can't invite everyone who has applied for the course?
    Look at the admin. statement

http://www.bristol.ac.uk/phys-pharm/...ssionstat.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saskya)
    I'm booked for the 16th Feb too so see you guys there!
    I think those who are invited to an open day will recieve an offer right?
    Surely they can't invite everyone who has applied for the course?
    Look at the admin. statement

http://www.bristol.ac.uk/phys-pharm/...ssionstat.html
    Haha yeah I've studied the admissions statement several times. It definitely looks very hopeful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ½+½)
    Haha yeah I've studied the admissions statement several times. It definitely looks very hopeful
    Well done to us
    So what subjects are you studying? Predicted grades? =D

ReputationRep:
    Well done to us
    So what subjects are you studying? Predicted grades? =D
    I'm doing an Access to Science course (mature student). It includes chemistry and human biology. No predicted grades, but have so far achieved all distinctions in chemistry, and a mixture of merits and distinctions in biology.

How about you? Where will you be coming from?

ReputationRep:
    If you guys do decide to come to bristol, look out for Professor Henderson. Absolute legend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ½+½)
    I'm doing an Access to Science course (mature student). It includes chemistry and human biology. No predicted grades, but have so far achieved all distinctions in chemistry, and a mixture of merits and distinctions in biology.

How about you? Where will you be coming from?
    Wow, distinctions in chemisty, that's amazing! I struggled at AS and didn't get a very good grade so I didn't have very high hopes for Bristol to accept me.. but perhaps miracles happen!
    I'm actually fom Bristol =)
    You?

ReputationRep:
    Wow, distinctions in chemisty, that's amazing! I struggled at AS and didn't get a very good grade so I didn't have very high hopes for Bristol to accept me.. but perhaps miracles happen!
    I'm actually fom Bristol =)
    You?
    Where else have you applied?
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Poll
Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.