The Student Room Group

Exeter or York?

I've been offered a place at both Exeter and York to do Archaeology, I can't decide which one to go too.
I know York is better for the course, but I live a lot closer to Exeter and I think i would feel more comfortable there.
Where do you think I should go?
York obviously has a lot more historical importance than Exeter, so there's probably a lot more to get your teeth into.
I'd suggest you go wherever you feel comfortable, though. Exeter and York are pretty much on par in terms of prestige, so it might be a good idea to go to Exeter if you prefer the feel of it.
Reply 2
Personally, though obviously i dont know you personally, i think that York is the better university however is you really feel exeter would suit you more and you COULDNT live in york, then go to exeter, however if u could live in york, i would. You sound very uneasy about moving away from home. GET THAT OUT OF YOUR SYSTEM haha live a little!

xxx
Reply 3
Original post by DarkSenrine
Exeter and York are pretty much on par in terms of prestige,.

Not sure thats true
Reply 4
Original post by tom29

Original post by tom29
Personally, though obviously i dont know you personally, i think that York is the better university however is you really feel exeter would suit you more and you COULDNT live in york, then go to exeter, however if u could live in york, i would. You sound very uneasy about moving away from home. GET THAT OUT OF YOUR SYSTEM haha live a little!

xxx

Leave me alone Tom you smeeelll. you clearly want me in York so i'll be closer to you in Durham.
Reply 5
:confused::confused::cool:
Original post by katepm246
Leave me alone Tom you smeeelll. you clearly want me in York so i'll be closer to you in Durham.

If you go to york i CERTAINLY wont be going to durham

Also i dont even know you you crazy person dont be all grrrr with me :confused:
Reply 6
Original post by tom29

Original post by tom29
:confused::confused::cool:

If you go to york i CERTAINLY wont be going to durham

Also i dont even know you you crazy person dont be all grrrr with me :confused:

Thats fine, i never said i wanted you up north with me. please go to LSE. please?
now leave me alone so i can get some real advice. get on with your work.
Original post by katepm246
I've been offered a place at both Exeter and York to do Archaeology, I can't decide which one to go too.
I know York is better for the course, but I live a lot closer to Exeter and I think i would feel more comfortable there.
Where do you think I should go?

Exeter, that part of the country is beautiful :biggrin:
Visit the unis/departments and see which you prefer?
Reply 9
I've pretty much got the same dilemma for physics. Definitely prefer Exeter though.
Reply 10
I'd say York is slightly more prestigious. However, I suggest you go to Exeter if you think you would be happier there.
(edited 13 years ago)
Go to the one you feel comfortable but before that, you may need to compare the course content between the two. For some courses, York is better and vice versa. York is a nice city if you prefer the north region but I like the south more and so here I am...Exeter:smile:
Reply 12
York has more presitige, but it not a significant difference, so pick the one you prefer! Which in this case seems to be Exeter. :smile:
Reply 13
Have you seen the massive pond at York...? And there's ducks so free crispy duck whenever you want..

Basically, York

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending