Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    so I am looking for empirical evidence looking at journals.. I came across a really good study but its a conference paper. Am I allowed to use this in my literature review..or is it strictly journals?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you can use it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arkbar)
    Yes, you can use it.
    aa thats great thankyou very much..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G_S)
    aa thats great thankyou very much..
    It's always worth checking to see whether the person in question has published anything or has any other work deposited in erepositories as you can never really tell with conference papers where abouts in an academic's thought process you've landed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adorno)
    It's always worth checking to see whether the person in question has published anything or has any other work deposited in erepositories as you can never really tell with conference papers where abouts in an academic's thought process you've landed.
    thankyou for the advice...i have checked and found a similiar paper that was recently written by the author as a journal..thanks again

ReputationRep:
    A journal author can cross reference work. That is, refer to empirical based evidence produced via another study. This is valid. However, if the author includes the source reference it might be worth checking that out. You can then make a reference to it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.