Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Looking to buy wii fit.. i searched and saw that with white board its £75. Do i then have to buy software along with the cd? if yes how much would it be?

I am new to WII so someone please guide me on how to go on about buying it and which one would be a cheaper option and if i should wait till xmas?

Cheers

Edit..

Is this a good option?
    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9313248.htm?_$ja=tsid:11527|cc:| prd:9313248|cat:video+games+%2F+ nintendo+wii+%2F+wii+and+wii+fit +%2F&_%24ja=kw:wii%20fit|cgn:931 3248|tsid:11677|cn:9313248|mt:b| crid:5903739126&ctype=2

ReputationRep:
    No, there is no software that you need to buy. The disc and the board are what is required to play Wii Fit.

Ebay might have some cheap ones going, you just have to browse and keep browsing and yeah, get it when you want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by damos92)
    No, there is no software that you need to buy. The disc and the board are what is required to play Wii Fit.

Ebay might have some cheap ones going, you just have to browse and keep browsing and yeah, get it when you want.
    Okay thanks, you know of any good deals?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yashradia)
    Okay thanks, you know of any good deals?
    Best i could find, but it's the Plus version, which is supposedly better anyway.

http://direct.asda.com/Wii-Fit-Plus-...e-_-wii%20fitP

ReputationRep:
    Plus version? Thats better than console?

Okay will i be able to play super-mario in that one then?
    And what does bundle consist?

ReputationRep:
    Back in the day, that was the same as 'having a slash'. The good ol' days.

ReputationRep:
    worst console ever

the motion sensor doesn't even pick up movement properly.

You can throw well over 500 punches on wii sports boxing and hardly any actually get recorded by the motion sensor.

I hope Nintendo go bust for releasing such a fail of a console.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jb9191)
    worst console ever

You can throw well over 500 punches on wii sports boxing and hardly any actually get recorded by the motion sensor.

Gaming noob.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hooj)
    Gaming noob.
    No.

Ex boxer with a perfect amateur record. 23 amateur fights, 23 wins, 14 knock outs.

Ranked in top 50 of the world COD4, Modern Warfare 2 and the top 10 on Fifa 09 and 10.

My clan was top in the EU game battles league table and my K/D ratio was 4.78 and win ratio 6.25 on MW2, slightly lower on COD4.

I'm no gaming noob, I just expect games to be made properly. The sensor on the Wii is ****. I can't believe I wasted money on the heap of ****. You have to punch awkwardly for it to actually notice your movement which defeats the whole objective as you cannot box properly and land punch after punch.

I'll stick the Xbox 360, a real console.

All this motion sensor malarkey is a load of **** and an epic fail in technology.

They should focus more on 3D gaming instead of motion gaming - Call of Duty 3D & Fifa 3D would be amazing. I know its possible but they should push forward for a completely 3D console.

ReputationRep:
    *snip*
    You can't even set up the Wii properly, haha what a noob!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hooj)
    You can't even set up the Wii properly, haha what a noob!
    Yes I can. a 4 year old can set up the Wii, its usually 4 year olds that play the heap of ****. The fact is the actual technology used is so **** that it doesn't even work properly. For some games its good, Bowling and so on. Other games and the Wii just fails massively.

I've made a gaming PC with motion sensor that can record motion and movement.

The Wii is **** to be fair. I just hope Kinect is better, from what I've been told, it is.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I can. a 4 year old can set up the Wii, its usually 4 year olds that play the heap of ****. The fact is the actual technology used is so **** that it doesn't even work properly. For some games its good, Bowling and so on. Other games and the Wii just fails massively.

I've made a gaming PC with motion sensor that can record motion and movement.

The Wii is **** to be fair. I just hope Kinect is better, from what I've been told, it is.
    You didn't make a motion sensor.

You can't even work a Wii properly.

Kinect can't even be compared to the Wii because the Wii isn't controllerless and it's a success story not a phase people will fade out of after Christmas. If you think the Wii is crap then there is no way you'll like Kinect or even be able to work Kinect you neanderthal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hooj)
    You didn't make a motion sensor.

Yes I did. You are a mong. Its pretty easy to do.

Something along these lines

http://ces.cnet.com/8301-31045_1-10429832-269.html

http://www.razerzone.com/motionsensing/

My mate works for the United Kingdom department.

But if you think I was paying for it then you must be kidding me. He gave me a spec manual and I made it myself using various parts from Maplins, NewEgg and So on. Not hard really. I've been making things for ages. Kind of bored so now I want to go into the software side of things, the reason I'm doing CS in university starting 2011.

You can't even work a Wii properly.

Kinect can't even be compared to the Wii because the Wii isn't controllerless and it's a success story not a phase people will fade out of after Christmas. If you think the Wii is crap then there is no way you'll like Kinect or even be able to work Kinect you neanderthal.
    Yes they can be compared. They both allow you to play games based on motion sensor devices. The Wii is ****, any hard core gamer thinks so as well. I bet you're one of those sad *******s who sucks at real gaming so plays the Wii with your primary school friends.

I can work a Wii you dip****.

Its just the sensor is pretty useless. It doesn't pick up the controller movement that accurately.

Also the Kinect & Move sensors have been proven to be far more accurate in tests.

The Wii is by far the easiest console to use - its so basic - its easier than a ps2 to use.

It was made for 3 year olds you know!!!

Its probably the ****test console ever made after the dreamcast.

Xbox 360 FTW - Real Gaming *****!

The majority of Wii users or people that defend the Wii are **** at real gaming.

ReputationRep:
    No.

Ex boxer with a perfect amateur record. 23 amateur fights, 23 wins, 14 knock outs.

Ranked in top 50 of the world COD4, Modern Warfare 2 and the top 10 on Fifa 09 and 10.

My clan was top in the EU game battles league table and my K/D ratio was 4.78 and win ratio 6.25 on MW2, slightly lower on COD4.

I'm no gaming noob, I just expect games to be made properly. The sensor on the Wii is ****. I can't believe I wasted money on the heap of ****. You have to punch awkwardly for it to actually notice your movement which defeats the whole objective as you cannot box properly and land punch after punch.

I'll stick the Xbox 360, a real console.

All this motion sensor malarkey is a load of **** and an epic fail in technology.

They should focus more on 3D gaming instead of motion gaming - Call of Duty 3D & Fifa 3D would be amazing. I know its possible but they should push forward for a completely 3D console.
    Mate, you are never going to get laid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paper-wings)
    >Likes Alkaline Trio
    Opinion is invalid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paper-wings)
    When you are a amateur boxer, its impossible to stay a virgin mate. If you got off TSR, you'd know that.

ReputationRep:
    Anyway, OP, you need the console, the board, and the disc. The board and disc should always been bundled together, but unfortunatly I'm rubbish at finding deals. Super Mario is a brilliant game, but dont forget you need a nunchuck for that (if it doesn't already come bundled with the console).

The wii really ISN'T for hardcore gamers, so if you're wanting something for casual use, then it really is great for the novelty value.

ReputationRep:
    worst console ever

A poor workman ALWAYS blames his tools.

ReputationRep:
    Its not a tool. Its a device. A tool is used to make something or work with

Definition: An instrument such as a hammer, saw, plane, file, and the like, used in the manual arts, to facilitate mechanical operations; any instrument used by a craftsman or laborer at his work; an implement; as, the tools of a joiner, smith, shoe-maker, etc.; also, a cutter, chisel, or other part of an instrument or machine that dresses work.
    I thought it before and now you've proved it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by linkdapink)
    I have not even LOOKED at your profile. I'm not calling you a monkey at all, I am saying that the poster has written monkey in a way to say "you're being silly" rather than any sort of race thing at all. You're so messed up in the head if you're constantly jumping to racism over things which were so obviously not meant in the manner in which you think.

She was racist, please do not defend her. She called me a monkey and a baboon and it wasn't even as if it was a thing that occurred once. She repeatedly racially abused me.

On a side note, do you think calling a child a "cheeky monkey" is racist? Do you think saying "thats so easy a monkey could do it" is racist?

Yes both are a racist. Why call anyone a monkey in the first place? Its a racist ethnic slur. The first one is racist towards a little black child and the second one is implying that you think black people are not that clever. Both sentences are so racist.

To be honest, I don't care what you're answers are, because you're not worth my time if you're just going to accuse me of being racist.
    The person who initially called me a monkey is a racist, you are not and I am sorry if you I mixed you up for someone else. I get so angry when people are racist to me just because of my skin colour. There really is no need for the hatred towards people just because of their skin colour.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 20, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.