Why do TV soaps have many black-white relationships but not vice-versa!? Watch

This discussion is closed.
edufly
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Why do the producers of Eastenders etc love to have a black man-white woman relationship but not a white man-black woman relationship?

Are they sending out a message to us that it is all right for black men to date white woman but not for white men to date black woman.

Surely this could be a reason for the increase in black-white relationships, and the non-increased white-black relationships.
kikzen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
does it really matter?
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by eddiedaboss)
Why do the producers of Eastenders etc love to have a black man-white woman relationship but not a white man-black woman relationship?

Are they sending out a message to us that it is all right for black men to date white woman but not for white men to date black woman.

Surely this could be a reason for the increase in black-white relationships, and the non-increased white-black relationships.
Mainly because there aren't many black women on the soaps. They should bring back that one in eastenders - 'angel' she was a hottie
J
jediknight007
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

And yea, why only Black-White relationships? What about White-Asian ones?

Btw, how come we rarely see Blacks or Asians on WWTBAM?
matouwah
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
wanna watch blacks....watch BET.....wanna watch asians turn up sony tv....the world aint gonna change tommorow...so if u wanna see black or asians on tv....watch those chanels...
Perplexed
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
It's make believe.

They could have blue/green relationships for all I care.

I somehow doubt the scriptwriters are trying to send out some covert commentary concerning what's acceptable as a trans-race relationship.

There are only so many characters, they can't cater for a relationship between every ethnic group within Britain – and besides, that wouldn’t be an accurate cross-section of society.
Chima
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

well do u see many black girls going for white men in real life? its meant to reflect normal life...not influence us to be like actors on tv.
edufly
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by Chima)
well do u see many black girls going for white men in real life? its meant to reflect normal life...not influence us to be like actors on tv.

Soaps influence its viewers (eg. the name Alfie has become popular nowadays due to the Eastenders character 'Alfie Moon').

If a certain group (race for example) watches Eastenders, it may be influenced as to what is acceptable and what is unacceptable in society for them to do.
Custard
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by jediknight007)
And yea, why only Black-White relationships? What about White-Asian ones?

Btw, how come we rarely see Blacks or Asians on WWTBAM?
You have obviously never seen bend it like beckham. Anyway it apparently brings shame onto the family, ive sure ive seen a programme. 'All about me' yeah thats all about a white man and asian women. ~I'm sorry if i have offended.

what does btw and wwtbam mean?
phreek
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Custard)
You have obviously never seen bend it like beckham. Anyway it apparently brings shame onto the family, ive sure ive seen a programme. 'All about me' yeah thats all about a white man and asian women. ~I'm sorry if i have offended.

what does btw and wwtbam mean?
By The Way

Who Wants To Be A Millionaire
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I think women fancy black men to a larger extent than white men fancy white women. I could be wrong though.
Custard
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by phreek)
By The Way

Who Wants To Be A Millionaire
Oh yes how rather dense of me!
Chima
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by happysunshine)
I think women fancy black men to a larger extent than white men fancy white women. I could be wrong though.
I think you're right there.
Elle
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
What about Nina and Mickey.. ?
kikzen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Chima)
Yeah i think so too.
i'm in the kkk
Report 15 years ago
if you wanna see blacks you need to watch crimewatch
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Chima)
Ooops I ment white men fancy black women! But you still agree?
NomadicThrasher
Report 15 years ago
alot of far right people say it's propaganda, for the black to mix with white to get rid of the white race. But I do believe it is propaganda not that it's wrong to mix and love another person (despite skin colour) but it's obvious the pumping of black music, the black trend and the BBC 'informing' the public of the state in which we are now in with all the foreigners and mixed cultures. I liked the comment about crimewatch, but people say even illegal immigrants help the country econimcally I really don't understand this. Basically black people are on tv to tell the British that blacks can be beneficial to society, are well spoken (that boxer that got beat up by an irish fella, does the mac D's advert, even though i can't hear a word that he says). And the whole reason for asylum and immigrants is to stabalize the country to let the hard working man lay back except it backfired for to many were going onto welfare which goes on to the adverts on how the hardworking man has to pay the government to pay for the asylum. Anyone remember the Nigerian that burnt down the immigration centre, thats the gratitude you get. You've gotta think if it's worth getting a job, you just pay taxes, abide the laws and get more taxes I love school but to grow up to payin for uni, if anyone from an ethnic minority can tell me if you get in for free (i heard asylum seekers can goto university free) if this is true then why the hell am I british -it really doesn't make sense to me just like this speech won't to you.
I'm nackered
emma_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
From the majority of people I know:

White female = likes white/black men
White male = likes white women
Black male = likes white/black women
Black female = likes black men (and gives *****y looks if white girls are going for black men)
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
"it really doesn't make sense to me just like this speech won't to you.
I'm nackered[/QUOTE]

Well, how about helping us out and introducing some punctuation, paragraphs, capital letters etc?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1364)
79.72%
Leave (347)
20.28%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise