Why do TV soaps have many black-white relationships but not vice-versa!? Watch

This discussion is closed.
NomadicThrasher
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
Yeah totally agree with above, I don't know but maybe white men and black women have the idea-the love of their race and the instinct to carry it on further(the race and genes) cool topic
emma_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I generally prefer black or mixed race guys (i'm white). Or if not really tanned. Maybe i just don't like pastey skin hehehe
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
an even more important question: why do people take soaps so seriously?
NomadicThrasher
Report 16 years ago
Well, how about helping us out and introducing some punctuation, paragraphs, capital letters etc?
Yes I shall improve on my grammar, like I say I’m just lazy. (Because something does not have a capital letter or a comma does not mean you can't understand it, any idiot can Interpret it.
edufly
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by emma_)
I generally prefer black or mixed race guys (i'm white). Or if not really tanned. Maybe i just don't like pastey skin hehehe

How can you possibly say you prefer a certain race, surely you can fall in love with a lad of any race - NOT JUST A PARTICULAR RACE you have pre chosen.

Doesn't personality count for anything...instead of colour!
emma_
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by eddiedaboss)
How can you possibly say you prefer a certain race, surely you can fall in love with a lad of any race - NOT JUST A PARTICULAR RACE you have pre chosen.

Doesn't personality count for anything...instead of colour!

Yes, that's why I said generally.
Surely, if you're sitting at a bar or somewhere, and you look around, there may be one characteristic of the opposite sex which you usually go for. It doesn't mean that you rule off, for example, if you liked blondes, any girl who wasn't. I just personally find that in GENERAL black or mixed race people are better looking, that's all.
me!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by jediknight007)
And yea, why only Black-White relationships? What about White-Asian ones?

Btw, how come we rarely see Blacks or Asians on WWTBAM?
There are a few white-asian relationships eg Robbie and that Asian girl with the little boy... What's WWTBAM?
edufly
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by emma_)

So you will put blacks first and then tanned people and then whites last.
And if you cant get a black man you'll settle for a tanned bloke.
me!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I got called white trash once...

You can't help who you fall in love with!

Sorry that this post makes no sense
londongirl
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
mixed race and black guys are hot! (i'm asian).

thierry henry, rio ferdinand, vin diesel, chingy, etc, they're the hottest!
emma_
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by eddiedaboss)
So you will put blacks first and then tanned people and then whites last.
And if you cant get a black man you'll settle for a tanned bloke.
Hehehe, don't get me wrong, I don't go for this or that. Depends what the person looks like really. People with light skin can be damn good looking as black guys can be uuuuugggerrrllllyy. I'm just thinking as if, who-would-a-perfect-guy-for-me-be-wise.
emma_
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by londongirl)
mixed race and black guys are hot! (i'm asian).

thierry henry, rio ferdinand, vin diesel, chingy, etc, they're the hottest!
I love the French 'va va voom' advert guy, forgotten him name. mmm

Rio Ferdinand is always in the VIP bit of a club I go to quite a bit. Good looking in the flesh I can assure you!
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Alec)
I somehow doubt the scriptwriters are trying to send out some covert commentary concerning what's acceptable as a trans-race relationship.

There are only so many characters, they can't cater for a relationship between every ethnic group within Britain – and besides, that wouldn’t be an accurate cross-section of society.
tell this to the BBC. youre naive to think they dont have an agenda.
JabberJaw
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by emma_)
I love the French 'va va voom' advert guy, forgotten him name. mmm thierry henry

Rio Ferdinand is always in the VIP bit of a club I go to quite a bit. Good looking in the flesh I can assure you!
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by emma_)

Henry yes. Rio ferdinand? are you kidding? he hasnt even got a brain.
JabberJaw
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by emma_)
From the majority of people I know:

White female = likes white/black men
White male = likes white women
Black male = likes white/black women
Black female = likes black men (and gives *****y looks if white girls are going for black men)
As a west Indian male who has been with all of the above type females
i must agree with the black females(not all ) giving white females *****y looks.
Why i dont know.

I just like women full stop dont care where they come from.
God i luv 'em.
JabberJaw
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Chima)
well do u see many black girls going for white men in real life? its meant to reflect normal life...not influence us to be like actors on tv.
Eastenders,Corrie and all the other soaps are sh1t.

Sorry but i'd sooner chew thru my own wrist then watch any soap opera.
londongirl
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by emma_)

yeh the va va voom guy is thierry henry.

what club is this - tell tell!? Yes i agree aout him being hot in the flesh - I've met (well got his autograph) twice in Manchester..... so damn fine!
sarahwhatevver
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
an even more important question: why do people take soaps so seriously?
Good question!
They are just soap operas guys, they are not meant to be taken seriously!!
Americanbiotch
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by JabberJaw)
As a west Indian male who has been with all of the above type females
i must agree with the black females(not all ) giving white females *****y looks.
Why i dont know.

I just like women full stop dont care where they come from.
God i luv 'em.

Black females give *****y looks.....hmmm. Well tell me this. Why is it that when white guys turn 30 and their white girlfriends turn old and shrivel up into hags, while sisters still look pretty, white guys want to date across the racial line then? Do you know how many older white guys have hit on me??? More than I want to count. (Younger ones too, when they think no one is looking.) The only thing that I can think of is that they're too chicken **** when they're younger to stand up and say that they like a black woman! The saying really is true. A man is the head but the woman is the neck, and she can turn the head in whatever direction she wants. So a white guy couldn't dream of bringing black girl home to mom. Now, for you sisters. I know what you're thinking. After hundreds of years of slavery and rape. Never again you white *******s! More power to you. After all brothers aren't half as stuck up. Too bad there just aren't enough for everyone....thus the *****y looks. Plus, you know, we're scared the sterotypes are true.....white men really have small packages??? I'm kidding, I'm kidding. I know it's not true..........????
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.57%
No (239)
33.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed