Why do TV soaps have many black-white relationships but not vice-versa!? Watch

This discussion is closed.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by magiccarpet)
c) i personally am a very mixed race south american girl (creole/maori/amerindian/spanish/mayan/indian...) but i like a chinese boy. what are the opinions of the general public (ie you guys) if you saw us walking down the street together? please dont hold back you opinions for fear of being racist - cos no-one else dares tell me honestly what people will think.i really want to know
It doesn't bother me

I'm a white male but if a black girl was interested I wouldn't say no on the basis of her colour.
MC
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by DavioSenBoo)
The only reason you actually set it up is to start off yet another heated slanging match between the racists and normal people.
I don't like your classification of racists and then "normal" people. Who are you to judge between one and the other???

(Original post by DavioSenBoo)
There is no other reason for posting up such a stupid question.
The thread is relevant as it is an issue which plagues 21st Century society.
spk
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by getwhatyouask4)
if 2 half breeds mate, they have children that then revert more back to black. Then when those siblings mate, their offspring revert back to blacker. Its a known fact that white genes are recessive. To put it simple for you liberals, white genes disappear the farther down the line that the mixed breeds go, thus resulting eventually back to where they started, that being dark blacks. The whites that chose to betray their heritage and started the cycle are gone forever. That is why its said that they are trying to wipe out the white race, because once you go black, you effectively end a line of culture.
OMFGWTFROFLMAOMOFOBSWWJD!
magiccarpet
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
It doesn't bother me
this is totally rubbish. everyone, including myself has preconceptions and stereotypes about race and race relations, even if we ourselves are not racist.we cant help it. personally if i saw an ethnic minority woman with a white man i'd think she was a ****.

but i want to know, why dont people of two different ethnic groups apart from black and white ever have mixed race relations?
princessa
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
personally if i saw an ethnic minority woman with a white man i'd think she was a ****.
why?
magiccarpet
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
im not sure. i think its because to have a mixed race relationship, you must be more open minded and liberal attitude towards sex than the majority of people in single race relationships. this is why people will assume the woman is liberal towards sex by having mixed race relations and therefore is a ****. also, what is said about certain sizes of white/black mens....things might imply a reason she might be going out with him, therefore she has a greater interest in sex than the average person. these are only possible reasons why. i dont know why most people will think this. personally i feel if i had a white boyfriend people would think this.
princessa
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
also, what is said about certain sizes of white/black mens....things might imply a reason she might be going out with him, therefore she has a greater interest in sex than the average person.
so she is a **** for being willing to accept a man who is stereotypically thought of as having a smaller penis?
Aeris
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
I don't know any black woman white man couples but I know qutie afew the other way round.
Oddly enough, I've seen a lot more black w white m couples in London than I've ever seen in America :confused: I went to see Romeo and Juliet at Shakespeare's globe and Juliet was black or brown or whatever is ok for me to say. I've never seen that before.
Aeris
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Gnostic XXX)
I recall a few years ago seeing Macbeth (I forget the theatre). Anyway one of the actors was a fuzzy wuzzy, and one of his lines was “I’m not a monkey” – this caused the audience, including myself I must confess, to snigger.

Anyway, you'll soon find that London is a ****-hole. Visit Paris - it's the most beautiful city in the world, vastly superior to London or New York.
I hardly believe that Paris would be any more filled with racist *******s, such as yourself, than London. You see the world however you wish to see it. BTW how many usernames is that for you now eleven, twelve? I've lost count.
magiccarpet
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
ok, forget the stereotypes. none of this explains why are mixed race couples always black-white? why are there never any asian-chinese or black-asian or chinese-black?
MC
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Anyway, you'll soon find that London is a ****-hole. Visit Paris - it's the most beautiful city in the world, vastly superior to London or New York.
Thats a startling revelation given your anti-everythingnotbritish attitude.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
but i want to know, why dont people of two different ethnic groups apart from black and white ever have mixed race relations?
They do.
princessa
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
ok, forget the stereotypes. none of this explains why are mixed race couples always black-white? why are there never any asian-chinese or black-asian or chinese-black?
there are. perhaps it just happens that you havent noticed, or maybe seen them.
MC
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
In my entire life I have only ever seen two "indian-woman/black man" and one "oriental-woman/black man" combo - but I've seen lots of "slut white/black man" combos.
Slut white? Why's that?
MC
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
White women only go out with black men if they want black ****. Hence those white women are sluts.
That still doesn't make them a slut. Then if a white woman goes out with a white man, she wants white ****, does that make her a slut? If yes, then surely every woman who has gone out with a man is a slut, as ultimately, she'll want ****. Right?
randdom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
White women only go out with black men if they want black ****. Hence those white women are sluts.
So you don't think it is possible that a white women might just want to go out with a black guy because she gets on well with him and finds him physically attractive. It is only because of the size of his penis. I some what doubt it.
magiccarpet
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Mad Caddie)
That still doesn't make them a slut. Then if a white woman goes out with a white man, she wants white ****, does that make her a slut? If yes, then surely every woman who has gone out with a man is a slut, as ultimately, she'll want ****. Right?
no, the racist 'white slut' stereotype is based on theassumption the white woman is going out with the black guy soley for the reason of him having a black c**k, and the stereotypes of certain sizes of men accoring to race. this is opposed to a relationship based on personality/love etc.

i just want to say, i am NOT racist.

i know i have strong views but i have noticed people give me unkind looks if i am with a white/chinese/ other race guy, regardless of whether or not i am going out with them. B****DS
Mr_H
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
is your perspective on the world so bleak that ANY people cannot be together just through love and care? not through some apparently twisted (and fairly unfounded) accused craving? :eek:
canuck
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
Henry yes. Rio ferdinand? are you kidding? he hasnt even got a brain.

Cant you ever justbe happy and not being a ***** and putting peoples oppinons down.
MC
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
no, the racist 'white slut' stereotype is based on theassumption the white woman is going out with the black guy soley for the reason of him having a black c**k, and the stereotypes of certain sizes of men accoring to race. this is opposed to a relationship based on personality/love etc.
I am aware of this, and was breaking down Gnostic's argument, which I succesfully did as he could not respond.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (666)
80.73%
Leave (159)
19.27%

Watched Threads