Not really I just couldn’t be bothered.
So why don't you be be bothered
MC
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Gnostic XXX)
Because what’s the point? I grant that some white women do fall in love with black men. But I posit that the majority of young white women who go out with black men do so simply because they want a bit of black **** in them. You’ll deny that. And that’s just about it. Why recycle our arguments again and again?
There is no argument Gnostic, as you are not making a valid point. Your comments are based on illogical stereotypes which you and I both know are untrue.

I challenged you, not to make you change your views, but to make you realise how ridiculous it was what you were saying.
MC
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
How exactly are the stereotypes “illogical”? You could claim they are false, but how are they “illogical”?
Your claims are unfounded. How are you, or anyone for that matter, be sure that a white woman goes out with a black man for black ****? Completely disregarding every other aspect of a relationship, ie. love, personality etc.

It's illogical as it is not logical. No rational logic can justify your views, and so that makes them illogical.
Mr_H
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
All people who have a name that starts with ‘M’ have 11 inch penises
Mad Caddie’s name starts with an ‘M’
Therefore Mad Caddie has an 11 inch penis

The above argument is impeccably logical but, of course, false.
how can the argument be logical when the original premise is illogical. just because your arguement follows logically from your ideals, does not mean that the ideals are logical in the first place... how can you base a 'logical' arguement upon illogical ideals?
frost105
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Men love men
Women love men
Men love women
Women love women

Thats the state of play as far as i see it. I dont know how skin colour comes into a relationship. Dont ever recall thinking 'yes today i'd love to shag a black man'. Differences in culture would effect who i date not skin colour.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'd like to be with a black chick, can't see it happening though.
MC
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Why?
lbjohnson
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by magiccarpet)
ok, forget the stereotypes. none of this explains why are mixed race couples always black-white? why are there never any asian-chinese or black-asian or chinese-black?

You've never seen a white man with an "oriental" (Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese, Thai, etc) woman before? It's common in America and Canada... how common is it in the UK?
randdom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by lbjohnson)
You've never seen a white man with an "oriental" (Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese, Thai, etc) woman before? It's common in America and Canada... how common is it in the UK?
I have seen it a few times it isn't that uncommon
lbjohnson
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by randdom)
I have seen it a few times it isn't that uncommon
In America, it happens more than white-black. I think it also happens more than white-black in Canada too (and Australia also).
kellywood_5
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by i'm in the kkk)
if you wanna see blacks you need to watch crimewatch
Oooh, controversial!
magiccarpet
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
why is this?

also, i think positive racism like this might be a good thing. for example, i (mixed race south american, look black/asian) would not mind being with a white guy, and might be attracted to one. however, if i was in a bar and there was a good looking chinese guy and a good looking white guy, i'd prefer the chinese one.
randdom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
why is this?

also, i think positive racism like this might be a good thing. for example, i (mixed race south american, look black/asian) would not mind being with a white guy, and might be attracted to one. however, if i was in a bar and there was a good looking chinese guy and a good looking white guy, i'd prefer the chinese one.
Surely you can't tell. You may get on really well with the white guy
thegoose
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
how can the argument be logical when the original premise is illogical. just because your arguement follows logically from your ideals, does not mean that the ideals are logical in the first place... how can you base a 'logical' arguement upon illogical ideals?
the argument that gnostic presented was logically valid but the premises were not sound.
Logic tells us nothing of the real world but of the relationship between ideas, whether they correspond to reality or not.
magiccarpet
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by randdom)
Surely you can't tell. You may get on really well with the white guy
then why in a bar do you chat up a pretty girl as opposed to an ugly one? the ugly one might have a nice personality?
Aeris
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
then why in a bar do you chat up a pretty girl as opposed to an ugly one? the ugly one might have a nice personality?
Um...is it just me or is this kind of a harsh example? :rolleyes:
chilling
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
there is nothing wrong with colour..

if they both like each other it shouldnt make a difference

regardless of race or colour
magiccarpet
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by chilling)
there is nothing wrong with colour..

if they both like each other it shouldnt make a difference

regardless of race or colour
apparantly, darker tones are the dominant gene, so too many mixed race relations mean soon veryone will be brown with black hair and eyes.

i think maybe too much 'westernisation' and race mixing mean traditions and cultural aspects will be'diluted' and lost.

there are stereotypes of certain people going for certain races which is why some choose not to race-mix
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (153)
60.96%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.38%
No- I want it (70)
27.89%
No- I don't want it (17)
6.77%

Watched Threads