The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Ann Widdecombe is said to be. She says she has far better things to do and relationships don't interest her. Dancing with a man for hours every day must have driven her wild!
Original post by drpetergriffin
shouldnt really be on this website if you are over 30

DFranklin is over 30 - and he's about the most useful member of this website.
Reply 22

Nowt wrong with older people using this forum IMO :biggrin:.I'm over 30.
Reply 23
Original post by Neil_K
This is that the problem a lot of women who are 'too picky' in their younger years have....as soon as they get into their late 20s/early 30s and beyond, their appeal to men rapidly diminishes. They then start getting desperate because men stop paying them as much attention.
It's admirable that you have stuck to your own beliefs/morals regarding sex, but reality is, what has it gotten you? No men. No sex. And now you're at an age where you're starting to get desperate for male attention and sex, and in reality it's going to be harder to find a guy once you get over 30.
If you don't start having sex soon, your opportunities are going to diminish rapidly as you get into your 30s and beyond; you will no longer be the 'chooser', you will no longer have the choice you had in your early 20s.

That's why I cringe when women in their late teens to mid 20s are 'picky with men'...they think they will always have men chasing them, but really once they get past their prime, male attention will calm down and these women will be lonely and desperate middle aged women who will take any man who shows them attention. I've seen it all before....

hey there, thanks for your reply! how old are you (if you dont ana say, what age range?)

so the bit in bold, you think i should just be grateful to have sex with any dudes ?why should i allow myself to be treated like a sperm recepticle for a bunch of dudes who dont wanan marry me? i only need one husband! im not overly picky, but i havent come across any catholic dudes who wanan date me and respect my beliefs. its not to say im turning down nice honest guys left right and centre, all my bfs have cheated on me.

i would agree that women who reach 30 and are 'picky' therefore an older virgin do need to be realistic.

but for gals like me who have certain beliefs, are you really saying we shuld and sleep with guys in order that hopefully a few will have relationships and one might want to marry us or at least live together unmarried?

do you think girls who use their teens and twenties having differnet bfs, living together with one dude after another having one relationship after another or spending 5 years living with a guy they dont intend to marry are wasitng their time?

also do you thnk there is a difference between self respect and settling? how would you feel knowing that your gf 'settled' for you since you were 'ok-ish' and she was runing out of years?wouldnt you prefer that she CHOSE you over her fun single life whch she could have happily continued, becasue she was crazy about you?

if i made a thread saying '25 and unmarried' people would say omg you have plenty of time, dont worry. but if i made a thread saying '25 and virgin' i would get loads of nasty comments. i dont get why it is bad, but i was hopign i wasnt the only one. do you tink i will find a husband when it is Gods will and i shoudl wait for that time?

also i only date guys aged 30+ since young guys wont respect my beliefs at all and dont care about marriage and babies. its not so much picky girls as non commited BOYS.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by rylit91
I'm 19 and I haven't even kissed someone...on the cheek, let alone lips or sex. I think it's safe to say I'll be like the woman in that article.

Who the hell negged me for that?!

aww :knuddel: honey i was the same when i was 18, i was shy and nerdy and just kissed a random dude when i was that age just to know what it was like. i didnt actually kiss a guy and mean it and enjoy it until i was 22 with my ex. you are no way alone, even though you might feel that way. if you are going uni soon i am fairly certain you will not finish 1st year without snogging a dude or two
Reply 25
Original post by Anonymous
same man..i'm 17 and havent even hugged anyone of the opposite sex..
i dont have a da..no brother family or guys friends so i have NEVER huggend a guy..
i'm actually considering askin someone.it's not like i'm asking for a kiss on the lips or sez..just HUG..

Aww :hugs:
Reply 26
My aunty didn't get married until she was in her 30s and she told me once she didn't want to have sex before marriage. My uncle is 45 and I don't think he's had a relationship before of any kind. I guess it's not for everyone.
I think if I tried to make it to 30 I'd have some kind of nervous breakdown and shoot a bunch of people in a shopping mall sometime in my 20s.
Reply 28
I doubt there are any girls aged 30 who are virgins except by choice. There are plenty of men who will have sex with more or less anyone. And almost all single men will have sex with, perhaps, the most attractive 80% of girls. It's just a bit of fun, I've always found it strange how people take it so seriously.
Reply 29
Original post by coca
My aunty didn't get married until she was in her 30s and she told me once she didn't want to have sex before marriage. My uncle is 45 and I don't think he's had a relationship before of any kind. I guess it's not for everyone.

are they muslim?

apparantly lisa kudrow (phoebe from friends) waited until she was in her 30s and married.

i was mainly wondering if any older tsrians had done this.
I've known some people who were virgins into their 30s (they're not on TSR though).
Most don't really talk about it though.
Original post by shinytoy
how old are you? im 25

You are old. :rolleyes: Please go, this is a teenager forum. Why would you want to be in a teenager forum..?:rolleyes: If you neg me it means that you are one of that adults who LOVE to interact with teenagers in a forum oriented to TEENAGERS. :rolleyes: I won't ask your intentions...:rolleyes:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Neil_K
This is that the problem a lot of women who are 'too picky' in their younger years have....as soon as they get into their late 20s/early 30s and beyond, their appeal to men rapidly diminishes. They then start getting desperate because men stop paying them as much attention.

Women have a much smaller time-frame in order to attract a man. And all the games women play in their late teens and early 20s don't work when they get into their 30s. 40s etc.

It's admirable that you have stuck to your own beliefs/morals regarding sex, but reality is, what has it gotten you? No men. No sex. And now you're at an age where you're starting to get desperate for male attention and sex, and in reality it's going to be harder to find a guy once you get over 30.

If you don't start having sex soon, your opportunities are going to diminish rapidly as you get into your 30s and beyond; you will no longer be the 'chooser', you will no longer have the choice you had in your early 20s.

Once a woman's looks start to fade, her opportunities for male attention will dry up.

That's why I cringe when women in their late teens to mid 20s are 'picky with men'...they think they will always have men chasing them, but really once they get past their prime, male attention will calm down and these women will be lonely and desperate middle aged women who will take any man who shows them attention. I've seen it all before...these younger women who are 'strong and independent' and 'don't need a man'....then they get a bit older and realise that they can no longer attract men as easily, and they get really desperate for male attention.

Men, on the other hand, get better and more attractive to women with age and therefore we don't have this problem.

I stopped attracting guys when I was 16 :emo:

Jeez, my life must be flashing before my eyes :frown:
Original post by rylit91
I'm 19 and I haven't even kissed someone...on the cheek, let alone lips or sex. I think it's safe to say I'll be like the woman in that article.

Who the hell negged me for that?!

I live in London. I'm 19. I can help you.:smile:
Reply 34
Me :ahee:
No but seriously I know a 39 year old virgin who still lives with his parents! 1 year off from the special four zero!!
Reply 35
Original post by T-Star*
Yep, my Dad is and he's getting on 50!

i love you :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 36

Shouldn't really be on this forum at any age really.
Reply 37
Original post by SoulfulBoy
I live in London. I'm 19. I can help you.:smile:

I'm a guy....:tongue:
Original post by SoulfulBoy
You are old. :rolleyes: Please go, this is a teenager forum. Why would you want to be in a teenager forum..?:rolleyes:

This is a forum for students, who can be any age. If you want to only chat/argue with teenagers, find a forum that is specifically targeted at teenagers.
Nearly...Well...alright I'm about 7 years away from that, but it seems like nearly.

Latest

Trending

Trending