Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What are you getting your Dad for Christmas? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Why are they so hard to buy for? Please give me some ideas!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure there's a dad section in M&S, go look there.
    You'll probably end up buying him a tie or socks :p:

ReputationRep:
    I don't know yet. He's very into cookery, but I get him stuff for that quite a lot, so I feel I should buy him something different this year. I may get him a book, although he tends to get quite a lot of those. I've just had an idea, some sheet music! *Goes off to search online*

ReputationRep:
    http://www.boots.com/en/BaByliss-for...-7435U_951775/

Just bought mine this today since he doesn't have much hair left these days and he keeps saying he should cut it himself lol

ReputationRep:
    Silver gaffa tape. He keeps on bashing his car up :rolleyes: so I'm going to label the tape as 'plasters for your car'.

ReputationRep:
    The same present as every year: nothing. (my family's not big on presents!)

ReputationRep:
    Brazzers subscription.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe a scarf or socks or something. Pretty much the same yearly. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Alcohol.

ReputationRep:
    A Nivea refreshing kit (face wash, moisturiser and spray) and a foam mousse and 2 chocolates.

ReputationRep:
    There's a Beer gift set in Boots, then a mind puzzle thing, and a mini Buddah.

ReputationRep:
    I always get my Dad a CD of a band he loved as a teenager, but hasn't listened to for years.

The Doors this year.

ReputationRep:
    Today I bought my dad Jeremy Clarkson's new book, some socks which say 'Grumpy Old Git' and some sudoku bog roll.

ReputationRep:
    I've got him some books, sheet music (which I will probably play more than him), a CD with Debussy recordings on it, little random things. He likes gardening, music, history etc so it's really easy to buy for him.

ReputationRep:
    Standard bottle of whiskey, either Glenfiddich or Jack Daniels

ReputationRep:
    a pair of socks or a sweater.

ReputationRep:
    Beer.
    Specifically, real ale.
    And possibly some socks.
    I'm so original

ReputationRep:
    Some headphones that when you wear them they look like Frankenstein's monster's bolts, a katana letter opener and some Japanese sweets.

ReputationRep:
    I got my dad a gift set of various different chillli sauces from John lewis as he loves trying new ones lol. I also got him the ministry of sound 80s club CD, a gift set from the body shop and a book on clasic cars as hes really into them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rach [shikari])
    I got my dad a gift set of various different chillli sauces from John lewis as he loves trying new ones lol. I also got him the ministry of sound 80s club CD, a gift set from the body shop and a book on clasic cars as hes really into them.
    Oooo the chilli sauces gift set is a good idea? is it really spicy? Cos my dad likes really spicy stuff . I'm gonna try find it on their website..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.