Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm revising for the AQA A Unit 3 Psychology exam; one of the sub-topics in 'Aggression' is about instituional explanations of aggression. My text book focuses on two explanations of aggression in prisons, which is obviously only one type of institution. If I got a question in the exam asking me to talk about two types of explanation could I give two that both refer to prisons (incidentally, they are the 'deprivation' and 'importation' models/theories) or should I try and research some more that apply to other types of institution?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm revising the same thing as you and i yes i would do the deprivation model and importation model but those are only part of the 'within group' aggression section. I would probably talk about the aggression 'between groups' and refer to a RWA -eg, Rwanda genocide or holocaust.

Good Luck Xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bexter:))
    Hi, I'm revising the same thing as you and i yes i would do the deprivation model and importation model but those are only part of the 'within group' aggression section. I would probably talk about the aggression 'between groups' and refer to a RWA -eg, Rwanda genocide or holocaust.

Good Luck Xx
    ooh yeah, will do!
    good luck to you too! are you taking the exam in jan? xo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloeee!)
    ooh yeah, will do!
    good luck to you too! are you taking the exam in jan? xo
    yeah taking it in january. i've revised a little but not nearly enough so i'm gonna buckle down after christmas. My uni place depends on me getting at least a B so im sooooooooooo nervous

Have you done much revising Xx

ReputationRep:
    Alternatively, you could talk about hospitals I believe. It's always good to have little extras to add in

Sadly, institutional aggression came up last year so I'll be surprised if it comes up again. Though of course I'll still revise it! Think I could have done quite well on that one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by esachica)
    Alternatively, you could talk about hospitals I believe. It's always good to have little extras to add in

Sadly, institutional aggression came up last year so I'll be surprised if it comes up again. Though of course I'll still revise it! Think I could have done quite well on that one
    oh how annoying, i really wanted it to come up aswell!
    Although last year, I didn't revise a whole topic for History because it had come up on the two previous papers but then it came up again and I couldn't take the exam! So yeah, can't make that mistake again haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloeee!)
    oh how annoying, i really wanted it to come up aswell!
    Although last year, I didn't revise a whole topic for History because it had come up on the two previous papers but then it came up again and I couldn't take the exam! So yeah, can't make that mistake again haha.

Oh yeah I know what you mean, I'll still definitely be revising it, hoping it'll come up... fingers crossed! & good luck to you!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.